|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Google Fi is offering all customers with an active Google Fi account as of 12am PT on 12/9/19 a free Google Nest mini while supplies last (one free mini per account). I just found this promo in my Google Fi account and was able to order a totally free Google Home mini — $0 shipped.
- Get a free Google Home mini from Google Fi (for existing customers)
- Link to more information
- All Google Fi account owners with active service as of December 9, 2019 12:00 AM PT are eligible to redeem the offer. Account must be in good standing to be eligible for the offer. Fi for Googlers accounts are not eligible.
- Offer must be redeemed between December 9, 2019 12:00 AM PT and December 31, 2019 11:59 PM PT, or while supplies last. Qualified customers must use their unique redemption link to add the Nest Mini to their cart on store.google.com and complete checkout.
- For individual plans, limit one per person. For group plans, limit one per account (must be redeemed by account owner; group plan members are not eligible).
- Offer is only available to U.S. residents 18 years or older, and requires Google Pay and Google Fi accounts.
- Offer is valid for free economy shipping on qualified orders of Google Nest Minis that are ordered and shipped in the U.S. only. Offer is not eligible for upgraded shipping options.
- The provided redemption link can only be used for one Nest Mini redemption (think twice before forwarding the email with the link!)
- Unless otherwise stated, this offer can be combined with other offers on fi.google.com.
- This offer is not valid for cash or cash equivalent.
- Offer is subject to change or cancellation without notification. Google LLC and its affiliates are not liable for lost or stolen promotional codes, or for expired promotional codes that are not redeemed within the redemption period.
The Google Nest Mini retails for $49. There have been a number of different deals to get discounted minis lately (like this one for a free mini for Spotify subscribers). Still, free is my favorite price. This is a nice little gift for Google Fi subscribers.
Note that I think your service needed to be active at midnight this morning (12/9/19) in order to get the offer, though one person on Slickdeals mentions that he/she has had their account paused for six months and still got the offer.
You should see the offer both in your Google Fi app and if you go to fi.google.com on your computer when logged in to your account (see the screen shot at the top). When you click through, you’ll be given your choice of colors.
Note that on the next page, it shows a $49 price, but it also says that the discount will show at the next stage of checkout (and it does).
Keep in mind that this works once per account (and only for the primary account holder on group accounts).
I recently set up one of these minis for my in-laws to turn their TV on and off when plugged in to a smart outlet. It works well and we’ve used it a bunch to play music (so much so that one day I realized my son was saying “Google” when pointing to the shelf where the mini is located). I know that these listening devices aren’t for everyone, but even if you’re not personally interested, you could probably sell this. Office Max gave a bunch of these away with purchase last year and I sold a bunch of them on Facebook for $25 each.
Overall, this is a nice little holiday surprise from Google. The terms state that the deal is on through December 31st or while supplies last. I’d recommend getting in on it sooner rather than later. If you’re looking to buy it for a holiday gift, sooner rather than later for sure. I ordered mine before writing this post and the estimated delivery was December 18th — if you wait, I imagine the likelihood of receiving it before Christmas may drop.
Read more about Google Fi here. In short, Google Fi is a great deal for international travelers since you get full speed LTE data in most countries for the same $10 per GB rate you’ll pay in the US. I haven’t personally been enamored with the service domestically (it runs on T-Mobile/Sprint/US Cellular and I find that coverage is sometimes inferior to my T-Mobile phone), but it’s been terrific internationally. I had my service paused before the 40K to Far Away challenge and had neglected to put it on pause again after the trip (also, it is sometimes convenient having the extra phone) — hence why it was active for this promotion. After I receive my mini, I’ll pause service again until my next trip.