|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Frontier Airlines is offering a promo for those interested in Discount Den membership: get a $100 promo voucher when you join Discount Den by 3/20/20. They ran a similar promo a few months ago. Obviously the timing on this won’t make sense for most people, but those who think travel will return to normal later this year may still be enticed to buy I guess.
- Buy a Frontier Airlines Discount Den membership for $59.99 by 3/20/20 and get a $100 promo voucher that is valid on airfare only that is booked between by 5/31/20 (note: you need to book by May 31st but can travel through the end of the schedule)
- Direct link to this promotion
- One time $100 Frontier Airlines voucher on all new Discount Den subscriptions purchased March 18 – March 20, 2020.
- Limit one voucher per member.
- Voucher will be emailed to subscribed member(s) within 14 business days of purchase.
- The flight voucher is only valid towards future purchased fare value on Frontier Airlines and can only be applied toward one new transaction.
- The flight voucher can only be used toward flight fare.
- Flight voucher must be used to book a flight by May 31, 2020 and can be applied to any flight available for sale through the end of the selling schedule.
- The flight voucher has no cash value and may not be applied to past bookings, refunded, sold, bartered or traded.
- See full terms on the promo page
Personally, I couldn’t be much less interested in this deal at the moment. While I am hopeful that travel will return to normal at some point this year and since you could book travel by May 31st for a trip late in 2020 (or maybe even early 2021?), it’s hard to know for sure. I’d be hesitant to value a voucher that can’t be used after May 31st.
As noted at the top, you’re essentially paying $60 for a $100 voucher and a year-long Discount Den membership. There are several things from the key terms to keep in mind:
- The $100 voucher has to be used on travel booked by 5/31. You can travel after that, but must book by 5/31. Use it or lose it.
- The voucher can only be used towards airfare and associated taxes. The voucher can’t be used toward ancillary fees like those for baggage, seat selection, etc.
That last bullet point is worth keeping in mind. Frontier’s fares are dirt cheap, with much of the actual cost of travel made up by various fees. This restriction might make it difficult to get the full $50 in value from the voucher, particularly if you’re traveling solo, and obviously if you’ll be hunting for the best Discount Den fares.
On the other hand, if you’ll be traveling with a family, this might be a particularly good value since:
- Discount Den fares are available for up to 6 people on your reservation, as long as you are on the same reservation with the other passengers
- On valid Kids Fly Free flights, one kid under 15 can fly for free for every adult Discount Den fare purchased
Again, this deal isn’t for me right now. On the other hand, I don’t blame Frontier for trying to get some revenue while they can. All of these travel companies have people to employ and will do the best they can to increase revenue in the short-term. I can’t see this one being a hot seller for them, but I don’t blame them for taking a shot at it.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Last updated on March 21st, 2020