A few weeks ago, Nick and I were in Chicago to present miles, points, and travel topics at the annual Chicago Seminars. And, next week (November 17-19) we’ll be back in Chicago to present at FTU (Frequent Traveler University) Signature (which is basically the new name for what used to be called FTU Advanced). These events are always fun because its a chance to meet and share secrets with others who are equally obsessed with points, miles, and travel. Even though I’ve been attending and presenting at these events for the past 6 years, I always meet new people and always learn something new.
FTU Signature with new MS Corner
Nick and I will both speak at FTU Signature on Sunday (you can find the topics and schedule here). This time, there will be a completely new opportunity for those interested in manufacturing spend (e.g. increasing credit card spend and getting your money back). Beginning Saturday morning (if not sooner), we will have a table setup just for MS (manufactured spending) discussions. This will be outside of any formal presentations. The idea is that the best MS opportunities today are secret (because they die too quickly if published) and are usually specific to certain geographic areas. This is an opportunity to meet others interested in this topic and to share secrets. A friend of mine, Shane, who is big into MS will be there most of the day Saturday to facilitate discussions (look for the tall guy with the Frequent Miler shirt). I expect that the conversations will continue through Sunday without facilitation.
As I write this, a few new seats have been opened up for FTU Signature (it was previously sold out). If you’d like to attend, here’s what you need to know:
- Where: Chicago Marriott O’Hare
- When: November 17-19 2017
- Welcome reception: 6pm Friday
- Saturday talks run 9am to 5:45pm
- Sunday talks run 9am to 5pm
- You can find the topics and schedule here
- Price: $249. Save $10 with code FTUEARLY
- Register here
- FTU Signature tickets include free entrance to FTU Travel Expo (below)
FTU Travel Expo
On Saturday November 18th, FTU is hosting a one-day event: the FTU Travel Expo. This is being billed as the “World’s Largest Educational Event About Travel, Miles and Points.” Is it really? I have no idea, but I do think it will be fun and educational. The Expo will include three main stages with an excellent lineup of speakers (details here), and an exhibit hall with booths, lounges, and a fourth stage. Here you can meet the people behind the blogs and businesses that provide services to help you earn miles (e.g. Frequent Miler, The Plastic Merchant, …), find deals (Cashback Monitor, Thrifty Traveler, …), spend your miles (AwardEx, RewardStock, Juicy miles, …), and travel better (Gogo, Every Passport Stamp, …)
- Where: Chicago Marriott O’Hare
- When: Saturday November 18th 2017, 9:00am to 600pm
And it’s Free… Or Cheap
Register here for the FTU Travel Expo. Use code FREQUENTMILER. The first 50 people who use this code will get their ticket absolutely free! If that code doesn’t work for you, try FTUEARLY to get $10 off the standard $39 rate.
Meet Us, Get Free Stuff
We’ve never before ever had anything like a Frequent Miler lounge, or booth, or even a banner or sign before. And we’ve never before had swag to give away. But now, for the first time ever, we have all of that, and prizes too. We will be giving away Amazon Fire Tablets to a number of lucky winners. Everyone who stops by is welcome to take a Frequent Miler reusable shopping bag or BPA-free water bottle.
If you’ve never met us before, please come by and introduce yourself. We’ll be hanging around the lounge all day (except when we’re on stage speaking) and we’re looking forward to great conversations.
Greg and Nick’s Schedules
Here are our scheduled speaking slots:
Saturday at the Expo
- 1pm – 1:45pm: Nick will present “What’s in my wallet and why: Killer benefits beyond the signup bonuses”
- 2pm – 2:45pm Stage 1: Greg will present “How to earn miles saving and paying for college”
We will also do a couple of short presentations on the Expo Sponsor Hall stage. I’ll update this post with details once they are set.
Sunday at FTU Signature
- 10:15am – 11:15am Room 1: Greg will present “Manufacture Spend from Your Laptop: How to MS Without Leaving Home”
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm Room 1: Greg will present “Manufacture Elite Status: Tips and Tricks for Manufacturing High Level Elite Status”
- 2:45pm – 3:45pm Room 1: Nick will present “The Art of Finding the Deal: Tools and techniques for Bagging a Bargain”
Last updated on November 19th, 2017