|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update: Some readers have reported receiving the same offer but for only $15. See screen shot below (H/T: Reader Christian).
Chase is offering $25 cash back or $15 cash back (2,500 / 1,500 Ultimate Rewards points) when you add your Chase Freedom card to Google Pay and use it to make 3 transactions during April 2019. This offer may be targeted (and in fact it likely is targeted at leas tot hose who have not yet used their card with Google Pay), though similar offers in the past have been open to all cardholders. If anyone has received this offer on other Chase cards (Freedom Unlimited / Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve), let us know in the comments.
- Chase is offering $25 cash back (awarded as 2,500 Ultimate Rewards points) when you add your Chase Freedom card (and possibly others) to Google Pay and use it to make three purchases from April 1 to April 30, 2019
- Note that this offer may be targeted to those who received the email
- This offer is valid from 04/01/2019 through 04/30/2019.
- You will receive 2,500 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for $25 cash back.
- To qualify for this offer, you must make 3 transactions using your consumer Chase Freedom card with Google Pay during checkout.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after the qualifying purchase(s) post(s) to your account for the bonus points to post to your credit card account.
- Your participation in this program may result in miscellaneous income and may be reportable to you and the IRS, on a Form 1099-MISC (miscellaneous income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which the income is paid.
Again, it is possible that this offer is targeted as I do not immediately see public landing pages this time. The email subject line was, “[Name], earn $25 cash back.” To take advantage of the offer, you need to:
- Download the Google Pay app and add your Freedom card by taking a picture of it (the terms note that you must add it by taking a picture of the card to be eligible)
- Make three purchases between April 1, 2019 and April 30, 2019
I assume that this offer is only open to those who have not previously added the card to Google Pay. Similar offers in the past have been available on other personal cards that offer Ultimate Rewards (such as the Freedom Unlimited and Sapphire Preferred or Reserve). If you have received this offer on a card other than the Freedom card, let us know in the comments.
Overall, this is a decent incentive to try out Google Pay. Given how relatively widely accepted it is, this should be an easy offer to max out.