|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hilton is out with a promotion to earn 2,500 Lufthansa Miles & More miles with every Hilton stay until October 31, 2018. If you’re a collector of Miles & More miles, this is a pretty generous promotion as it looks like it should stack with earning Hilton points on your stay (including the current double points promotion).
- Earn 2,500 Miles & More award miles when you stay at participating Hilton properties until October 31, 2018. (Note that the image above says “up to” 2500 miles, but the terms state you’ll get 2500 miles with each stay)
- Direct link to register for this promotion
- Must be a Miles & More Member.
- You must register online at Hilton Honors.com/lufthansa25 prior to completing your stay
- Valid at any participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio from August 1st, 2018 through October 31, 2018
- Bonus Mileage: Earn 2500 Miles & More award Miles for stays during the promotional period. There are no minimum or maximum amount of stays. A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.
- The following are types of ineligible stays: wholesale/tour operator packages; contracted crew rates; travel agency discount rates; stays secured utilising Hilton Grand Vacations Club, and Hilton Club timeshare programs; Hilton Grand Vacations marketing packages with a sales presentation requirement, complimentary or barter rooms; NET Group rates, Series Group or IT Group rates; third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid); and ‘opaque’ channel bookings where the brand may or may not be known at the time of purchase. Hilton Honors Points (or stay credit) may not be earned (including as a Member benefit) for or during ineligible stays, including without limitation, folio charges incurred during ineligible stays.
- Allow up to six weeks after check-out, and after promotion has ended, for miles to be credited to your account.
Again, this offer looks pretty generous as it doesn’t indicate that you need to choose between this and earning Hilton points. In the past, Hilton used to allow you to choose to earn extra Hilton points or airline miles, but they did away with that when they made program changes earlier this year. I don’t see anything in the terms to indicate that you won’t receive Hilton points as normal, so I think this would even stack with the current offer for double points, which has been extended through September 9th (See: Hilton Q2 Double Points Promo; Triple Points In July With Hilton Amex). Those with the Hilton Ascend or Aspire credit cards can currently earn 40-44 points per dollar total on Hilton stays (see that link to the promo for more info). Based on our Reasonable Redemption Value for Hilton points, that’s like a return of 20% or better in Hilton points. Adding another 2500 miles on top can be a particularly good deal for short stays.
Miles & More is certainly a niche program, but it is an SPG transfer partner and there is a US credit card. Here’s the Miles & More award chart. Lufthansa also maintains a page with “mileage bargains” similar to Flying Blue promo awards (see this page for current offers). At the moment, they are offering round trip business class for 55K miles from Europe to Chicago. That’s a pretty amazing deal if you can take advantage of it (I did not check for current availability).
While 2500 miles won’t get you far, those with a number of paid stays planned during the promo period could make out pretty well with this one. Don’t forget to register before your stay at the link under “The Deal” above.
H/T: Head for Points