|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt Place has a new promotion out that could be good if you need any paid stays over the next couple of months as they’re offering a 4th night free at 246 properties. Even better, it’s for every 4 nights you stay, so if you stay 8 nights, you’ll get 2 nights free.
- Get every 4th night free when booking a stay at a participating Hyatt Place hotel.
- Direct link to offer.
- Stay 3 nights, receive the 4th Night Free offer is only available for eligible stays between March 13, 2019 and May 15, 2019 that are booked by May 11, 2019.
- Full Prepayment/No Refund/No Changes
- Offer only valid at participating Hyatt Place hotels on qualifying stays.
- Reservations subject to availability.
- Offer only available for a limited time, while shown as available on the applicable Hyatt website.
- Offer only available if booked online by clicking on the then-available offer (if any); any limitations or restrictions included in the published offer shall apply.
- Guest must use free night during stay in which it is earned and stays must be completed by May 15, 2019.
- Guest must check out on or before May 15, 2019 to be eligible for the offer.
This is a fairly good offer, although it’s not necessarily a straight 25% discount on your stay. That’s because the four nights are based on the standard rate which is usually much higher than the Member Rate Advance Purchase, AAA Rate, etc.
For example, when doing a four night search at the Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead the 4th night free rate is listed as $145 versus rates ranging from $175 up to $194.
The total including taxes and fees comes to $694.51:
If you were to book the AAA rate or Member Rate Advance Purchase, the total would increase to $834.35. The Member Rate Advance Purchase is the best comparison seeing as the 4th night free rate also requires full prepayment and is non-refundable.
In this instance, the 4th night free rate therefore gives a 20% discount which is still pretty good. Note that although promo code 4HFR brings up these rates, the 4th night free rates were automatically displayed when I searched despite not having clicked through to the promo page and not entering that code.
Another great feature of this promotion is that you don’t have to restrict yourself to 4 night stays. If you stay 5 nights, it’ll still waive the cost of the 4th night which could prove helpful if that 4th night is a particularly expensive rate.
For stays of 8 nights, it’ll waive the cost of both the 4th and 8th nights.
Stack With Latest Hyatt Promo
World of Hyatt is currently offering 1,500 bonus points per night for Hyatt Place stays starting with your second stay. That means a 4 night stay should earn 6,000 bonus points, unless the 4th night free isn’t counted as a qualifying night for the promotion.
If a 4 night stay would be your first stay during the promotion period, you’d therefore be better off booking a 1 night stay at a category 1 property for 5,000 points first in order to earn 6,000 bonus points on your stay as you’d still be coming out 1,000 points ahead.
Also Stack With Citi Prestige
If you have a Citi Prestige card, you should be able to stack both Hyatt’s and Citi’s 4th night free benefits to save even more. Seeing as Citi’s benefit is based on the average room rate before taxes, your total savings would likely come to ~40%, but that’s still a great discount and particularly valuable on more expensive stays.
Also Available At Some Hyatt Regency Properties
I haven’t had a chance to investigate yet, but Craig at Middle Age Miles commented on the MtM post noting that 90+ Hyatt Regency properties can also be booked with the 4HFR promo code.