If you don’t yet have a Sam’s Club membership, but you have the the Amex Offers for either $10 back on $30 or $15 back on $50 that you’d like to be able to use at Samsclub.com, check out this deal from Groupon that offers a pretty break-even deal on membership.
- Buy a Sam’s Club membership from Groupon for $35 and get:
- 1-year membership
- $10 eGift Card valid online or in-club
- $15 eGift Card for purchases on SamsClub.com after you make your first purchase of $15 or more at SamsClub.com
- Free Rotisserie Chicken ($4.98 value)
- Free Take and Bake Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza ($6.98 value)
- Free 18-count Chocolate Chunk Cookies ($5.98 value)
- Direct link to this deal
- Only valid on new memberships, not valid on renewal
- Not valid if your membership expired within 6 months prior to July 1, 2018
- Instant Savings, including free Rotisserie Chicken, cookies and take and bake pizza will be loaded onto new membership account within 72 hours of membership activation and expires in 30 days.
- Please allow 5-7 days for delivery of the $10 eGift Card after activating your new membership.
- Your $15 eGift Card will be delivered approximately 7 business days after your first purchase of $15 or more on SamsClub.com.
- Your first SamsClub.com purchase must be made within 30 days of activating your membership and is invalid after October 10, 2018
- See Groupon for full terms
This is a pretty solid deal if you value the free food at all. The two gift cards are a nice little return on the $35 spend. You do have to spend $15 on Samsclub.com to get the $15 eGift card, but I imagine most people considering buying a membership intended to spend at least that much. Don’t forget to go through a shopping portal before buying from Groupon.
While you won’t be able to use the Sam’s Club Amex Offers to purchase this membership (the offer excludes membership fees and you’d be paying through Groupon for this membership. However, you could obviously use one of the two Current Amex Offers to trigger that $15 eGC.
Further, Danny the Deal Guru at Miles to Memories reports that there is currently a deal for 15% off on iTunes gift cards. That deal is a package of four $25 gift cards ($100 total) for $84.47. There’s a max of 3 per customer and that deal ends on July 20th. It would potentially be a good use of an Amex Offer — use enabling you to get $100 in iTunes gift cards for about $80, triggering the $15 eGift card that comes with the membership. Note that the other $10 eGift card likely will not arrive before the iTunes deal expires, so you’ll have to apply that to a future deal/order.
H/T: Miles to Memories