IHG is out with a great offer to save 50% on reward nights in Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbrean on stays between May 1st, 2017 and June 30th, 2017. You must book by May 7th to take advantage of this offer.
- 50% off on reward nights between May 1st, 2017 and June 30th, 2017
- Valid on select properties in Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean as seen on the list on this page.
- Must book by May 7th, 2017
- Valid for stays between May 1st, 2017 and June 30th, 2017
This promotion could save you some points on stays in a number of properties around Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean. It is regularly possible to buy IHG points for under .6 cents each if you have at least 5,000 points in your account. If you’re starting at 0 points, you can still buy IHG points in the Daily Getaways promotion as cheaply as .576 cents per point (to be clear, that’s just over half a cent per point). We recently wrote about buying IHG points for just .46 cents per point, but that promotion has ended.
Even if paying .576 cents per point, you could save cash on your stays. For example, here is a Saturday in June at the Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive and the Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas:
Both properties are on the list for 50% off, so you can see that the all-inclusive Holiday Inn resort costs just 17,500 points per night. If you were buying points through Daily Getaways, it would cost you less than $101 a night to buy the points for that resort (though you can’t buy exactly 17,500 points nor a multiple of 17,500 — I’m doing the math based on the proportionate cost of 17,500 points). The $189.63 rate you see above is a nonrefundable rate. However, reward nights are subject to standard cancellation policy, meaning that a flexible rate is more comparable. The least expensive flexible rate for that same hotel is $210.70. Buying points for the stay would save you more than 50% compared to the flexible cash rate — and $101 a night for an all-inclusive resort certainly isn’t bad.
You would save less money on the Holiday Inn Express, but you’d still save about nine bucks on the rate above.
The following is a full list of participating properties:
- InterContinental® Cartagena de Indias, Colombia – 12,500 points
- InterContinental® Presidente Cancun Resort, Mexico – 15,000 points
- InterContinental® Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa, Mexico – 20,000 points
- InterContinental® Real Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic – 12,500 points
- InterContinental® San Juan, Puerto Rico – 25,000 points
- Hotel Indigo® Veracruz Boca Del Rio, Mexico – 10,000 points
- Crowne Plaza® Panama, Panama – 10,000 points
- Crowne Plaza® Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic – 12,500 points
- Holiday Inn® Campeche, Mexico – 7,500 points
- Holiday Inn® Cancun Arenas, Mexico – 20,000 points (all-inclusive)
- Holiday Inn® Cartagena Morros, Colombia – 12,500 points
- Holiday Inn® Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico – 5,000 points
- Holiday Inn® Panama Canal, Panama – 7,500 points
- Holiday Inn® Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic – 10,000 points
- Holiday Inn® Veracruz Centro Historico, Mexico – 5,000 points
- Holiday Inn Express® Veracruz Boca del Rio, Mexico – 12,500 points
- Holiday Inn Resort® Acapulco, Mexico – 10,000 points
- Holiday Inn Resort® Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino, Aruba – 17,500 points
- Holiday Inn Resort® Ixtapa All-Inclusive, Mexico – 25,000 points (all-inclusive)
- Holiday Inn Resort® Los Cabos All Inclusive, Mexico – 17,500 points (all-inclusive)
- Holiday Inn Express® Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico – 7,500 points
- Holiday Inn Express® Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – 10,000 points
- Holiday Inn Express® Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – 7,500 points
- Holiday Inn Express® Manzanillo, Mexico – 10,000 points
- Holiday Inn Express® Veracruz Boca del Rio, Mexico – 10,000 points
Several properties could be a solid value even on purchased points. If you have accumulated IHG points and were considering a getaway to one of these places, the deal is even better for you.
Which property would be your pick?