|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Even Greyhound wants to get in on the Prime Day festivities this week as they’re offering a 25% discount when using promo code GIFT25 for travel in most of September and October. You’ll need to book quickly though as this deal ends tomorrow (July 17).
- Save 25% when booking on Greyhound and using promo code GIFT25.
- Book by July 17, 2019.
- Valid for travel between September 4 and October 28, 2019.
- Excludes October 14 and all Fridays and Sundays.
- Offer is valid for the first 5,000 customers to book travel under this promotion.
- 25% valid on travel originating in the US when booking on www.Greyhound.com (Including BoltBus trips booked on www.Greyhound.com).
- Promo code must be used on original purchase to reduce the fare of the ticket price by 25% for a one way or round-trip ticket.
- Only one discount can be applied per person.
- When using a Child or Senior fare and a promo code, the higher of the applicable discounts will apply.
- The fare discount under this promotion does not apply to taxes, applicable fees or additional costs.
25% off Greyhound fares is a decent discount, so it’s worth considering if you don’t mind spending several hours (or more) on a bus.
When doing a search on Greyhound’s website, a one-way journey from New York to Miami was $99 in late September if not using the promo code.
When entering GIFT25 in the promo code box on the initial search screen, the prices on the same route did indeed drop by 25%.
You might have noticed that a couple of the prices are the same in both screenshots. That’s because those are Sunday and Friday which are two days excluded from this promotion, making this deal not very helpful if you’re just looking to get away for the weekend.
With these kinds of deals though, I’m always a little suspicious that they raise the prices beforehand so they can then claim to be offering a good discount with the promo code, even though that’s the same price it would’ve been beforehand. Thankfully, that doesn’t seem to be the case here.
I’m not too familiar with Greyhound’s pricing, as I only took my first journey on them a few months ago going from Norfolk VA up to New York. (Side note: there’s nothing like going from a cheap overnight bus ride straight to an early check-in at the Park Hyatt!)
Having said that, I’d been looking at Greyhound fares to reposition myself for the 40k To Far Away challenge. Me being me, I’d procrastinated on actually booking my ticket. This is one time where that’s paid off as using the GIFT25 promo code will save me $5, so that’s one meal I won’t have to forgo on the trip.
If this sale interests you, don’t be a procrastinator like me as travel has to be booked by tomorrow (July 17).
Last updated on July 20th, 2019