Last year Hilton ran a popular status match promotion where they gave elite status to people who held status with competing hotel chains. Now it appears that this status match has returned, although they are now requiring proof of at least one stay in addition to proof of elite status.
Hilton HHonors will match your status with any other hotel loyalty program. Complete the form by June 30, 2016 and get a status match with Hilton HHonors™, valid through March 31, 2018.
- You must be a Hilton HHonors member to participate. Join HHonors for free and return to this page to complete the form.
- Offer is valid for recipient only. Invitation and offer is non-transferable.
- To match your status with Hilton HHonors Silver, Gold or Diamond status, you must provide your Hilton HHonors account number and proof of current tier status with Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, IHG Rewards Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, Choice Privileges, or other hotel loyalty program by June 30, 2016. Acceptable forms of status validation include a screenshot of your current account status or your membership card.
- Acceptable forms of stay validation include a screenshot of your previous reservations or hotel receipt, redacting any personal information other than your name and membership number.
- We accept .jpg files only.
- Hilton Worldwide reserves the right to downgrade or remove individuals from the program at any time upon submitting any fraudulent documentation for validation. Must be a Hilton HHonors member to participate in the promotion.
- After registering and tier status is validated, Hilton HHonors elite tier status will be valid through March 2017, thereafter; standard tier requirements must be met to maintain elite status.
As you can see, there are a couple of discrepancies in the terms. On the status match page it clearly says the status will be good through 2018, however in the terms it says 2017. Also, it says this offer is targeted, but also says you can join for free and participate. If you decide to request a match, I would screenshot the page in case they try to change the terms to eliminate the misinformation.
HT: Angelina Travels