|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new Hilton Amex Offer that can save you up to 20% on stays in Europe. Be sure to check the list of participating properties though as not all Hilton Honors properties in Europe are eligible for this offer.
- Spend $500+ on room rate and room charges at select Hilton brand hotels in Europe and get a $100 statement credit.
- Direct link to offer – add to any Amex card.
- Direct link to participating properties.
- Expires September 30, 2019.
- Offer valid only at participating properties in Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and North Ireland. Not all properties within these countries apply, please click on “view participating locations” to view the full list of participating properties.
- Reservations must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667).
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and non-refundable rates.
- Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates.
- When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at Hilton made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount of at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
If you were planning a paid stay in Europe, this targeted Amex Offer is a good way to save up to 20% on your accommodation costs. As noted above, be sure to check the list of participating properties as not every Hilton property will trigger the statement credit.
It’s also important to ensure that your bill will come to $500 or more by the time you stay. If your total is only marginally above $500 when converted to USD today, exchange rate fluctuations between now and your stay could result in it dropping below $500 when converted. While a better currency conversion is beneficial in that it lowers your bill, if it means missing out on the $100 statement credit then it’s not so good.
If you have Hilton Gold status, you’ll probably be best off booking your stay via the Kiindly shopping portal. That’s because most shopping portals only offer 1% cashback for Gold members, whereas Kiindly offers a higher rate – at present it’s 4.1%.
Update: I’ve added a direct link to the Amex Offer via the Amex Connect website. This should mean you can add it to any card you like, so you can earn 12-14x on Hilton Ascend, Aspire and Business cards.