A new Amex Offer appeared a few days ago for Hilton properties in Hawaii that can save you up to 20% on your stay. This can be stacked with other offers like the Hilton Aspire resort credit to save even more.
- Spend $1,000+ on room rate and room charges at Hilton brand hotels in Hawaii and get $200 back.
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires June 30, 2020.
- Offer valid only at Hilton brand hotels in the state of Hawaii.
- Reservations must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
This offer is appearing on the Amex Connect site, so if you use the link provided above, you might be able to choose which card you add it to. If you have a Hilton credit card, that’ll likely be your best option.
As always with Hilton Amex Offers, there are several ways you can stack this to save and/or earn more. For starters, if you have the Hilton Aspire Amex card, you have a $250 resort credit available every cardholder year. There are 13 Hilton resort properties in Hawaii where you could use that $250 credit at the same time as this Amex Offer.
I’m not entirely sure whether you’d need to spend $1,000 or $1,250 in order to trigger both statement credits. It might be that spending $1,000 is sufficient to earn the $450 back which, if so, would be a great deal. However, if Amex subtracts the $250 resort credit first, it might not trigger the $200 statement credit from the Amex Offer as they’d regard you as having only spent $750. Amex is known to be tricky about this kind of thing, as evidenced when they partially clawed back statement credits when Business Platinum cardholders stacked a Dell Amex Offer with the Dell twice-annual statement credits that are a benefit of the card.
The Hilton Aspire card also comes with a $100 property credit when staying at Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties and booking a special room package. The Grand Wailea is a Waldorf Astoria property that’s on the list of eligible resorts, so that’s $550 of value you could get, albeit at a pretty high cost.
There are a couple of separate Hilton Amex Offers that should stack with this one for Hawaii – one for DoubleTree and Tapestry properties and one for Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. You can find out more about both of those offers here.
You can earn up to 4% cashback by booking through a shopping portal (here are the current rates for Hilton), plus bonus points with Hilton’s latest Points Unlimited promotion. Diamond members paying with an Aspire card will also earn 34 points per dollar.
While paid stays in Hawaii aren’t cheap, this new Hilton Hawaii Amex Offer can help save you money, especially if you can stack several of the opportunities listed above.