|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new Amex Offer out this morning giving you savings of up to 20% on stays at Hilton properties in Hawaii. This can be stacked with other offers to save ~51% on hotel stays in Hawaii – here’s how.
- Get a 1X $200 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $1,000+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Hilton properties in Hawaii from 2/23/18 to 7/31/18.
- Enrollment limited.
- Offer valid only at Hilton brand hotels in the state of Hawaii.
- Reservations must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
It’s interesting that we’re starting to see some location-specific Amex Offers for Hilton properties, as there’s a separate Amex Offer giving $75 back when spending $500 at Hilton properties in Australia.
This offer expires on July 31, so you’ll still be able to take advantage of it even if you’re not traveling to Hawaii until the first half of the summer.
Be aware that this offer’s for the Hilton brand only – it can’t be used at the Waldorf, Embassy Suites, DoubleTree, etc. in Hawaii. Edit: mjs has made a good point in the comment below that this offer is available for all of Hilton’s brands – not just the Hilton brand itself.
Enrollment is limited, so add it to your cards ASAP if you think you might be able to make use of it. It doesn’t appear to be targeted though, as it’s available on all my Amex cards with the exception of my SPG credit cards. The good thing is that in addition to this (up to) 20% discount, you can earn 12x Hilton Honors points when paying with the American Express Hilton Ascend credit card or 14x points when paying with the American Express Hilton Aspire credit card if you load the Amex Offer on to those cards.
How To Stack The Offer
There are a couple of excellent stacking opportunities to help you save ~51% on Hilton hotel stays in Hawaii. In addition to the ~20% off from the Amex Offer, you can take advantage of these deals:
1) American Express Hilton Aspire Credit Card $250 Resort Credit
This new credit card comes with a $250 statement credit per cardholder year when using the card at participating Hilton Resorts.
two six participating Hilton properties in Hawaii:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- Hilton Waikoloa Village.
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki – Beachwalk
- DoubleTree by Hilton Alana – Waikiki Beach
- Ho’olei at Grand Wailea
2) Acorns Found Money
We’ve been writing quite frequently recently about Acorns, but that’s because they’ve had some great offers. One offer currently running is 6% back on Hilton stays booked when clicking through from the Acorns website or app.
This is an excellent deal because most cashback portals only pay out ~1% for anyone with Hilton Honors silver status or higher.
The terms of this Found Money deal state that you must purchase the booking by May 16, 2018. I’m not 100% sure though whether the stay would need to be completed by then; I’m assuming not, but the terms aren’t entirely clear in that regard.
If you haven’t joined Acorns yet, here’s my referral link which gets us both $5.
If you’re able to take advantage of the Hilton Hawaii Amex Offer, stack with the above two offers and spend as close to $1,000 as possible, you save save ~51% on the cost of your hotels in Hawaii. I say ~51% as the Acorns Found Money is based on your room rate before taxes and fees, so it won’t be a full 6% of your entire rate.
For example, a three night stay for two people at the Hilton Waikoloa Village from April 11-14 would cost $1,016.91 based on the Honors Discount rate (seeing as Advance Purchase rates are excluded for the Amex Offer.)
You’d then earn the following:
- $200 statement credit from the Amex Offer.
- $250 statement credit from the Hilton Aspire resort credit.
- $47.03 from Acorns Found Money (6% of $783.75 as resort charges and taxes don’t earn cashback.)
The total saved would be $497.03, representing savings of 48.88%.
Last updated on August 4th, 2018