Hilton and Lyft have announced a new partnership enabling Hilton Honors members to earn Hilton points on Lyft rides. This stacks with programs to earn miles with Delta and JetBlue and all of that combined might just be enough to change my rideshare behavior.
- Lyft and Hilton Honors have a new partnership
- Earn 3x Hilton points per dollar spent on Lyft economy, luxury, and extra seats rides
- Earn 2x Hilton points per dollar spent on Lyft shared rides
- Direct link to ink your accounts
- Earn Hilton points on up to $10,000 spent annually with Lyft
- Must link your accounts to earn points
- Stack with miles earned through Delta and JetBlue TrueBlue points
- Only earn points on the base fare (not taxes / tolls)
Linking here seems like a no-brainer: you’ll get an easy 2x/3x on rideshares. While Hilton points aren’t the most valuable currency, they are far from worthless. When you combine 3x Hilton points with 1x from Delta and JetBlue points from airport rides, the return is really starting to look nicely attractive.
Personally, I’m a creature of habit and my habit has long been to pull up the Uber app. However, I could use some more Hilton points and this promo allows you to earn Hilton points while simultaneously earning credit card rewards. I think this partnership will likely be the change that convinced me to switch loyalty over to Lyft. That said, we sometimes see opportunities to get Uber gift cards for around 20% off — the stacking opportunities at Lyft don’t exlipse that value.
Later this year, you’ll also be able to redeem Hilton points for Lyft rides. No word at all as to the redemption rate, but I think it’s safe to assume “poor” on the redemption end.
Overall, this is one worth registration and a look for future rides since this is easy passive points.
H/T: Doctor of Credit