In addition to the latest Kimpton Amex Offer, there’s a new targeted Hilton Amex Offer for their properties in Mexico. This one might therefore have limited appeal – especially with a higher than average spend requirement – but it could save you up to 20% if you’re planning a paid vacation in Mexico.
- Spend $500+ on room rate and room charges at Hilton brand properties in Mexico and get $100 back.
- Expires May 31, 2019.
- Offer only valid for reservations made online at Hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors app or by calling 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667).
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Corporate cards are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates.
- When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied.
The $500 spend requirement to trigger this Amex Offer for Hilton properties in Mexico is quite high, although it’s half the amount required for last year’s Hawaii offer.
This offer will be most rewarding if you have any Hilton cards that were targeted. If you have the Hilton Aspire card, that would be the best option as it would also earn 14x on the Hilton spend.
The Aspire card also comes with a $250 statement credit each year towards stays at Hilton resorts. There are two Hilton resort properties in Mexico – Hilton Playa del Carmen and Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort – so it should be possible to stack the resort credit with this Amex Offer. If you spend $500 on room rate and room charges, it might therefore have a net cost of only $150.
I say might as I don’t know for sure if they’ll stack when spending only $500. If American Express deducts the $250 resort credit first, there’s a chance they’ll regard this as spending only $250 towards the Amex Offer. If that’s the case, you’d need to spend $750 in order to trigger both the statement credit and Amex Offer.
Having said that, I suspect that’s not the case and that you could trigger both when spending $500. If any of you have had a chance to stack the resort credit with past Amex Offers, please let us know how that worked in the comments below.