Hilton is out of the blocks early having announced their Q1 2019 promotion already. It’s called Points Unlimited and you gives you two ways to earn bonus points throughout the promotion period.
- Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay, plus
- Earn 10,000 bonus points every 5 stays or 10 nights.
- Direct link to register.
- For stays from January 4 to May 5, 2019.
- Registration required.
- Excludes stays at Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China
- Registered Hilton Honors members will only receive Bonus Points for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period, as well as an additional 10,000 Bonus Points for every 5th stay completed or every 10th night completed, whichever comes first.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer, and the 10,000 Bonus Points award can be earned an unlimited number of times.
- Each time a member achieves 5 stays or 10 nights, 10,000 Bonus Points will be awarded and the member’s stay/night count will reset. Additional nights earned over the 10 night threshold in a stay will count towards achieving the member’s next 10,000 Bonus Point award.
With a promotion period of four months, this Q1 Points Unlimited promotion rolls over into Q2. It’s a good promotion if you’ll have plenty of one night stays, but proportionally it becomes less rewarding the longer you stay.
Let’s say you have five stays of one night each. You’d earn 2,000 bonus points for each of those stays, so 10,000 bonus points. You’d then earn an additional 10,000 bonus points for the five stays for a total of 20,000 points.
Now let’s say you have another five stays, but this time they all last two nights each. You’d once again earn 2,000 bonus points for each of those stays for a total of 10,000 points. And once again you’d earn an additional 10,000 bonus for staying five times/ten nights. That means you’d earn a total of 20,000 bonus points in this scenario too, despite staying twice the number of nights as the first scenario.
There are other scenarios where it’s not so rewarding. For example, a stay of nine nights would only earn 2,000 bonus points, although those kind of scenarios aren’t likely to be common for most people.
One of the nice features of this promotion is that, similar to past promotions, you’ll earn the bonus points on both paid and award stays. Any hotel promotion that offers bonus points on award stays is pretty good in my book.
That means if you book five stays of one night at 10,000 point Hilton properties, what would normally cost 50,000 points would have a net cost of 30,000 points thanks to the 20,000 points you’d earn from this Points Unlimited promotion.
We’ve added this to our list of Current Hotel Promotions, but note that the promotion period doesn’t begin until January 4, 2019.