Update 3/22/20: Due to COVID-19, Hilton has extended the promotion date from May 3 to May 31, 2020.
Hilton has opened registration for its Q1 2020 promotion which is called Points Unlimited. It rewards you with bonus points for every stay, along with additional bonus points for every 10 nights you stay during the promotion period.
- Earn 2,000 bonus points for every stay, plus 10,000 bonus points for every 10 nights you stay.
- Direct link to registration.
- Offer valid for stays completed January 6 –
May 3May 31, 2020 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PointsUnlimited prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before January 6, 2020 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after January 6, 2020 and prior to or on
May 3May 31, 2020.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period, as well as an additional 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10th night completed. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer.
- The 10,000 Bonus Points award can be earned an unlimited number of times. Each time a member achieves 10 nights, 10,000 Bonus Points will be awarded and the member’s night count will reset. Additional nights earned over the 10 night threshold in a stay will count towards achieving the member’s next 10,000 Bonus Point award. For examples and further details, please see the FAQ page.
- There are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
- This offer may be terminated without notice.
- Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
- Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Bonus Points to appear in your Hilton Honors account.
- A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.
- Offer is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers.
First things first – register for this promotion immediately. I wrote about Hilton’s Q4 2019 promo a few months back, but despite that I forgot to register both mine and my wife’s accounts. I didn’t realize this until after checking out recently, so we missed out on almost 10,000 bonus points.
Anyway, back to this new promo. Hilton consistently offers solid promotions. They don’t tend to be as potentially lucrative as IHG’s Accelerate promos can be, but they do what a good loyalty program should do – reward members for each stay and give them an incentive to stay more nights.
There are two parts to their latest Points Unlimited promotion. First, you’ll earn 2,000 bonus points per stay. That’s not particularly rewarding if you’re staying a long time, but it’s a decent bonus if you’re able to book one night stays. Even better is the fact that you’ll earn the 2,000 bonus points even on award stays. From the promotion’s FAQ’s:
Will I earn Bonus Points for Reward Stays with the “Points Unlimited” promotion?
Yes – members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay on reward stays. Reward stays will also count towards the 10,000 Bonus Point award.
The second part of the promotion awards 10,000 bonus points for every 10 nights that you stay. If you’re able to maximize this promo by staying one night at a time, for every 10 nights you stay you’ll earn 30,000 bonus points, or an average of 3,000 bonus points per night. That’s a nice little bonus, especially if you’re an Amex Hilton Aspire cardholder as you’ll also be earning 34 points per dollar at most of their brands when paying with that card (10x base points, 10x bonus points for Diamond status and 14x on the Aspire card).
Something important to note is that although registration is already open, the promotion itself doesn’t start until January 6, 2020. It runs for four months though, so there’s plenty of time to rack up bonus points from both paid and award stays.