|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt is offering 500 World of Hyatt points for each qualifying hotel booking made through its new app for stays booked and completed between August 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019. No registration is required for this deal, and the best part is that award stays qualify, so it should be easy to rack up some extra points if you have Hyatt stays to book.
- Get 500 World of Hyatt bonus points for each qualifying stay booked through the World of Hyatt app and completed between August 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019
- Direct link to more information
- Offer valid for 500 Bonus Points for each qualifying stay booked by World of Hyatt members through the World of Hyatt app and completed between August 1 and September 30, 2019 (“Offer Period”) at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts, M life Rewards destinations, and Small Luxury Hotels of the World destinations.
- Must be a World of Hyatt member in good standing at time of booking and stay, provide your World of Hyatt membership number when booking, and either pay an Eligible Rate or redeem a free night award for at least one night of your stay.
- An “Eligible Rate” is defined in the World of Hyatt Terms and Conditions (see worldofhyatt.com/terms)
- Only one point bonus may be earned per member, per stay, regardless of the number of rooms booked.
- Two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel will be deemed one stay. All points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks after stay is completed for World of Hyatt Bonus Points to be credited to your Account.
- See the press release for full terms
These are easy points if you’re booking a stay at a Hyatt hotel at any point during the offer period. It’s awesome that it also works with award stays as it means you could be getting as much as 10% back on a one-night Category 1 award (ordinarily 5K points).
Note that the terms indicate that consecutive nights at the same hotel will count as a single stay even if booked separately, so by the terms you should only get 500 points even if you book each (consecutive) night separately — but in practice, that may or may not be true. I personally have a stay to book where the same room type isn’t available for the consecutive nights I need, so I’m going to have to book consecutive nights separately — we’ll see how many points post. The terms state that it will take 3-4 weeks for the points to post.
I assume that the 500 points from this promotion will stack with 500 points per night for booking at these properties, which we first reported back in May (See: Extra 500 Hyatt points per night at select properties), meaning that you could get 1K per night back.
I see that the new Category 2 Hyatt Place Poughkeepsie is on the list above for stays through September 30, 2019. While I haven’t yet stayed at that property (not to be confused with the Hyatt House Fishkill/Poughkeepsie), I’ll note that the Hyatt Place Poughkeepsie is less than 10 miles from the Culinary Institute of America. If you can get reservations at The Bocuse, the CIA’s French restaurant, it would totally be worth making the trip up from NYC and staying there for a net 7K points for a night (since you’ll get back 500 from booking via the app and 500 from the other promo linked in the previous paragraph). If you’re driving, add a side trip to Woodbury Commons to recoup some points. Pro tip: ask for a table near the kitchen in The Bocuse if possible when you reserve. The entire wall is a glass window into the kitchen, so you can see the students running around and preparing everything. The Culinary Institute also has an Italian restaurant and an American bar and grill. Having been to all three, I strongly recommend the French restaurant if possible. The Italian place would be my second pick and is certainly worth it if you’re going to be in the area. I’d give the bar & grill a miss.
At any rate, I do have a few Hyatt nights planned during the promo period, so I’ll be happy to pick up a few extra points here.
Last updated on October 1st, 2019