|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
A new Amex Offer appeared yesterday offering some decent savings for stays at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House properties. Even if you don’t have a stay planned at one of these brands, you should be able to lock in the discount by buying a gift card from the front desk at one of the two brands.
- Spend $250 or more in a single purchase on room rate and room charges at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels and get a $75 statement credit.
- Expires October 3, 2019.
- Offer valid only at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in the U.S. and U.S. Territories.
- Reservations must be made directly with Hyatt via Hyatt.com, the World of Hyatt mobile app, a Hyatt hotel or a Hyatt call center.
- Offer not valid at any other Hyatt property, including Park Hyatt, Miraval, Exhale, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt, Andaz, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Regency, and Hyatt Residence Club properties.
- Offer not valid for purchases of gift cards, of World of Hyatt rewards points, made via Hyatt Travel or Hyatt Vacations, or made through MGM.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
With this Hyatt Place/Hyatt House Amex Offer expiring on October 3, you have almost four months to use it if you were targeted.
If you don’t have a stay planned at one of those brands before that date, you should be able to lock in the 30% discount by buying a $250 gift card at the front desk of a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House property.
The key thing to be aware of when going that route is that it needs to be a physical gift card rather than an eGift card. I ran into this issue last year with the Hyatt Regency Amex Offer. I bought a couple of $200 gift cards at the Hyatt Regency Columbus in Ohio; those were physical gift cards which did trigger the statement credit, despite not receiving the Amex confirmation email.
A week or two later, I bought another $200 gift card, this time from the front desk of the Hyatt Regency Cleveland. That card was delivered by email, but because it was processed by Buyatab, it didn’t trigger the Amex Offer.
Another important thing to note about the offer is that the wording suggests the $250 has to be spent in one transaction. Many Amex Offers account for cumulative spend, but that doesn’t appear to be the case with this offer. That means two separate stays of $125 each likely won’t trigger the statement credit.
There might be a 7,500 Membership Rewards version of this offer as well, but my wife and I only received the statement credit version on one card each.