Update: While the hotels were live for booking just before/after noon Eastern time, IHG is experiencing an IT outage at the moment and we are unable to book or view bookings. When I try to bring up the bookings on made in the IHG app, I get the following error:
I am not yet aware of a timeline for fixing this. I would recommend continuously checking back on the individual hotel page or within the app. We will also update if and when we see a change. Original post follows.
On Friday, we wrote about the new IHG PointBreaks list — hotels at which you will be able to make a booking for just 5,000 IHG Points per night. That list is now live for booking. Note that IHG has made a few small changes, removing a few properties. See the link to the current list below.
- IHG PointBreaks hotels available for 5,000 IHG points per night
- Click here to go to the full list (Note that this page may not have updated yet — bookings are working on individual hotel pages as of 11:55am Eastern time. See our post from Friday for links to individual hotels)
- Valid for travel from July 31 to October 31, 2017
- Each member can make no more than 2 bookings per hotel
- Capacity restricted — the best places sell out of PointBreaks rates quickly, so make your move
As noted on Friday, there are a couple of interesting properties on the list, but I mostly view PointBreaks for a cheap place to stay on the way to where I’m going or an opportunity to discover a random town within a reasonable drive. As someone who just loves to travel, I enjoy spending a night or two in a town I wouldn’t otherwise visit and trying its restaurants and seeing its sites. If there is a place on the list that fits the bill for you, now is the time to book.