Stacking Kohl’s + Discover: $1.93 for 12pc 16oz cooler glass set

5

Kohl’s currently has a number of stacking deals that provide decent savings on a range of products — including this 12pc set of 16oz drinking glasses that you may be able to pick up in-store for as low as $2.99:

Kohls Libbey Flare Glass

How to stack it

For maximum savings, you’ll need a new Discover card and a little luck. Many/most Discover card holders have access to a $10 off Kohl’s coupon in their accounts. This coupon applies as Kohl’s cash when the code is entered at Kohls.com.  You can read more about where to find it here at Slickdeals. The short story: You’re going to log in to your account and go to Discover Deals. Search for Kohl’s and choose Kohl’s (not Kohl’s online). You should get a barcode and PIN that you will be able to use on Kohls.com for $10 off.

The Discover Deals portal is also currently offering 5% cash back. Those in year 1 of a new Discover card will have their cash back doubled at the end of the first year. In this case, that means that at the end of year 1, a new Discover IT card holder would earn the following on this purchase:

Discover Rewards: 10%  (5% now + 5% later)
Discover IT cash back: 2% (1% now + 1% later)

Assuming you are a year 1 Discover card holder, these are the steps:

Discover Deals Kohl's 5 Cashback

Step 1) Start your purchase by clicking through the Discover Deals portal to go to Kohls.com. The item above is model # 640109. If you search that number, you’ll find it on Kohl’s.

Step 2) Check to see if it is available for store pick up in your area. To do this, click where it says “Free store pick up” above “add to cart”. This particular set isn’t available everywhere, but it is available at a fair number of stores (and other sets are also available — you can apply the same method to a number of different options).

Kohls Availability
Availability in the NY/NJ area — not every store has this particular set, but more than a dozen stores on the map did. There are a number of other designs available as well.

Step 3) Choose a store and add the set to your cart. Next, apply code BRUNCH15. The glasses are on sale for $14.99. This will drop the price to $12.74 before tax.

Kohls after BRUNCH15
This is showing my total with $0.76 in estimated sales tax.

 

Step 4) Now, we can apply your Discover cash for $10 off. This will drop the pretax price to $2.74.

Kohls cart after brunch and cash

Step 5) Add coupon code BUYNOW for another 20% off. Your final total will be $2.19 before tax.

Kohls cart after all discounts

The final math would look like this:

$19.99 – “original price”
-5.00
$14.99 – “Sale price”
 –   15% – coupon BRUNCH15
$12.74
-$10.00 – Discover Kohl’s Cash
$2.74
-20% – coupon BUYNOW
$2.19– price paid to Kohl’s
-10% – 1st year Discover cash back (5% portal now, 5% later)
-2% – Discover cash back (1% now, 1% later)
$1.93 Final net cost for twelve 16oz glasses with free store pick up


If you do not have a Discover card, you can’t get the price quite that low, but it’s still not a bad deal. The next best option would be for Ebates credit card holders. Ebates is currently offering 6% back and you would earn an additional 3% back if going through Ebates with an Ebates credit card for a total of 9% back. The math would look like this:

$19.99 – “original price”
   -5.00 –  “on sale”
$14.99 – “Sale price”
 – 15% – coupon BRUNCH15
$12.74
-20% – coupon BUYNOW
$10.19 – price paid to Kohl’s
  -9% – Ebates cash back (6% portal + 3% card)
$9.28 – final net cost

Code BUYNOW will take 20% off sitewide. BRUNCH15 works on a variety of decor, furniture, cookware, rugs, and food-prep items. Other categories have their own stacking coupons (such as code SLEEPWELL20, which applies to many bedding items). With the Discover cash, it comes down to a nice stack.

Slickdeals has a number of other drinking glass items listed here and some bedding items listed here, though note that the pillows listed were 20% cheaper yesterday — you may be better off waiting to see if they go on sale again over the weekend.

Best of luck and let us know if you find anything interesting.

Email:*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

5 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments