This week’s Last Chance Deals brings us only two deals with scheduled end dates this week. This offer has expired.
The story of the week would be the chance to earn 35,000 Starpoints with either of the SPG cards. In the past, Amex has usually only offered an increased bonus on the cards once per year. With the merger of Marriott/SPG/Ritz programs expected to take place in 2018, we don’t know the eventual fate of the Amex SPG card. This could be the last chance ever for an increased bonus on the Amex SPG cards, so if you’re thinking about it, now is the time. Don’t forget to take a look at some of the other deals ending soon as a number will be ending next week. Enjoy!
|Last Chance Deals|
- Stacking Kohl’s + Discover: $1.93 for 12pc 16oz cooler glass set: At least one of these codes expires today. It’s not just this one glass set on sale – there are a number of different items in various categories that can be purchased for a song by stacking a couple of discounts.
Expiring Wednesday, April 5
35K point sign up bonuses on both Amex SPG cards: These offers might not be listed in our top 10, but they are very strong. Starpoints are very valuable not only towards Starwood hotels, but also in terms of transfer to airline miles or Marriott Rewards. If you’ve been considering these cards, now is a great time to jump. (Expires 4/5/17)This offer has expired.
|Won’t Last Long|
- Business Class Virgin Atlantic San Francisco to Manchester from $1994 round trip: As I type this, Google flights is showing dates starting from the mid $1200’s round trip, but I can’t find that price bookable. In fact, Google Flights and ITA Matrix are showing tons of Virgin Atlantic routes round trip in business class for $1100-$1600 round trip from various cities (mid $1100’s from New York, mid $1500’s from Atlanta, etc) that don’t appear to be bookable online. The $2000 fares from San Francisco are still bookable — which is still a great price.
- 50k Merrill+ Visa Signature available via phone & maybe online: The online link appears to be dead, but phone applications may still be working. This offer may not last long.
|Other Limited-Time Offers|
- 20K Bonus Membership Rewards points on $1K spend at Air France via Amex Offers. This offer is no longer available to be added to new cards. If you have added it, don’t forget to use it before it expires. (Expires 4/14/17)
- Best ever offer on Amex Hilton cards: Up to 100k + free weekend night!: Hilton points are worth a mostly fixed value, but that makes it easy to peg the value of these signup bonuses. I think either could be a good choice depending on your spend patterns. (Expires 5/31/15)
- 107.5k Chase Marriott offer is now public: A great offer on a card that’s worth keeping if you can get more than $85 in value out of the annual free night certificate, which shouldn’t be too hard.
- Targeted United Explorer Card Offers: Up to 75K Miles
- Southwest Business 60K Offer is Back!
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- Business Class for 25.5k one-way to Europe from several US cities!: Some terrific deals to be had for business class to Europe. (Expires 4/11/17)
- 500 Free Singapore Krisflyer Miles for new accounts: Free is free – this is an easy few miles for people new to Singapore Krisflyer. (Expires 4/14/17)
- $25 cash back after $50 hotel stay at Booking.com: Check around to be sure that you are getting the best price, but this deal may be great — particularly for an inexpensive last-minute booking. Booking must be made by April 15th to qualify. Note that the $25 “reward” is credited back to your credit card, so this really is $25 back on the hotel booking. (Expires 4/15/17)
- Get more mileage from hotel points with Aeroplan 30% conversion bonus (Expires 4/17/17)
- Vancouver winter hotel deal: Great 1st night rebates on prepaid rates (Expires 4/30/17)
- Citi Thank You Rewards 50% transfer bonus to JetBlue (Expires 4/30/17)
- Earn 1k per new partner with Delta SkyMiles (Expires 4/30/17)
- 5,000 Alaska Airlines miles for joining MileagePlan and taking a flight: Terrific chance to get started with Alaska and earn a much of miles. (Expires 4/30/17)
- Hertz one-way for $8 per day from FL or AZ, economy to full size car rentals (Expires 6/15/17)
- One-way car rentals from Florida for $4.95 per day (Expires 6/30/17)
- First World of Hyatt Promotion – Double Points (Expires 6/30/17)
- Get $30 Off First Ride from Uber & American Express (Expires 7/31/17)
- Earn 1500 bonus miles with American Airlines eShopping: A very easy 1500 miles that just requires three separate $50 purchases. (Expires 4/14/17)
- New Plastiq promotion open to all – double fee-free dollars: This new referral promotion from Plastiq is open to everyone and ends on 4/18/17)
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- [Targeted] Earn 2X Points on Purchases of $5,000+ with your Amex Business Platinum Card (Expires 4/18/17)
- [Targeted?] Earn up to 25,000 Bonus Delta Skymiles through partners (Expires 4/30/17)
- Free BJ’s membership for 90 days + $5 off $50: The promotion says you will have membership through the end of June, so this deal may be ending this week (if it continued into April, your BJ’s membership wold end in July). It’s probably worth singing up sooner rather than later if you live near a store and can use the membership.
Bank Account Bonuses
- List of great bank account signup bonuses available this month.
- Get $300 Bonus with Chase Premier Checking: Not the highest-ever bonus on opening a Chase account, but the fact that this one can be done online will appeal to those who do not live near a brand. (Expires 4/16/17)
- Capital One 360 – $200 Money Market Bonus – Publicly Available (1% APY & Requires $10,000 Deposited): This one comes courtesy of Doctor of Credit, but is getting a nod here because it’s an easy $200 if you have the cash to deposit. According to Doctor of Credit, there is no minimum time the money must remain in the bank — it seems that you can deposit to earn the bonus and withdraw immediately. (Expires 6/30/17)
- Charles Schwab Checking $100 Bonus (Comes with Free International ATMs)