Welcome to our weekly list of what’s ending this week as well as a collection of some of the best ongoing deals around. There have been some really terrific airfare sales this week, many of which are listed in the Won’t Last Long section below. While there is some route overlap in a few of those posts, there are some very good sales listed. Note that while airfares prices are accurate as of the time of writing, prices can fluctuate — try adjusting dates and see our Google Flights tutorial for help.
If you’re interested in any of these deals, now is the time — get them before they’re gone. Here are this week’s Last Chance Deals.
Deals in bold were posted this week.
|Last Chance Deals|
Expiring Monday, April 24th
- Handy? Stack coupon + Amex Offer for up to half off at Advance Auto: Coupon expiration is unknown, but the Amex Offer component of this deal expires 4/24/17.
Starts Monday, April 24th
- 5K points per night: IHG Point Breaks list: This section is normally for deals ending. This deal is just beginning on Monday, but some of the best values tend to sell out early. The full list is out and will become bookable sometime between 9am-12pm Monday morning.
Tuesday, April 25th only
- Earn 12 miles per dollar on HP purchases: This one-day deal will be for Tuesday, 4/25/17 only.
Expiring Sunday, April 30th
- More SAS EuroBonus miles with Best Western, Avis (Must reserve by 4/30/17 for pick up 5/1-12/31/17)
- 500 Bonus miles with AAdvantage eShopping
- Vancouver winter hotel deal: Great 1st night rebates on prepaid rates (Expires 4/30/17)
- Citi Thank You Rewards 50% transfer bonus to JetBlue (Expires 4/30/17)
- Earn 1k per new partner with Delta SkyMiles (Expires 4/30/17)
- 5,000 Alaska Airlines miles for joining MileagePlan and taking a flight: Terrific chance to get started with Alaska and earn a much of miles. (Expires 4/30/17)
- Etihad 20% bonus on miles converted from hotel programs (Expires 4/30/17)
- Final Call to Earn and Redeem Alaska Airlines Miles on Delta: April 30th will be your last day to book, though Alaska allows award tickets to be booked 330 days in advance. Be aware that you will not be able to make changes after April 30th, so proceed with caution.
|Won’t Last Long|
- HOT: Business Class, Jun/Jul/Aug NYC-Naples from ~$1860 RT; Sicily less / France for $2k: These prices are available for summer travel. Terrific use of the Business Platinum pay-with-points rebate or British Airways Extreme Stacking / Alaska Airlines premium bonuses. Check the post for details.
- Fly away Friday: Business Class to Europe or South America under $2K, Economy deals to Asia: Nearly all of the fares in this post are still available as of the time of writing, though you will need to change dates on some of them. Notably gone is the ~$1700 fare from Dallas to Sao Paulo on Delta, though the Avianca flights for $1656 RT are still available.
- #Business Class to Europe under $2K on Singapore, Delta, United, American & more: All of these sub-$2k fares are still available, and some have dropped — including Toronto to Moscow (now from $1788 RT)
- Fly to Asia or Europe: From $599 on Singapore economy, $1100 in premium economy: Great fares for travel on one of the world’s best airlines. The premium economy fare can be upgraded to business class with miles. Read for details.
- Business Class Europe to US: $583 one way, under $1200 round trip with TAP Portugal: These fares have dropped a bit — from about $1117 RT through Google or $1088 RT through Momondo. Terrific value.
- Ooh la la – Paris for Valentine’s Day: $367 round trip and many more airfare deals: All but one of these great fares are still available, including many sub $400 round trip flights to Europe, some starting as early as mid-August.
- New Amex Offers: Saks, Hilton Garden/Hampton, Nike, Reebok, Uniqlo and more: These offers have varying expiration dates, with most in May, June, and July. Popular offers sometimes disappear sooner, so add them to your cards before they are gone.
- Get 50k AA miles with new DirecTV service & contract: 50K miles is more generous than what we normally see for DirecTV sign up incentives. The current “promotional” pricing is slated to end May 20th, but the 50K mileage payout could end sooner. If you’re interested, consider taking advantage sooner rather than later.
- Autumn fares to Europe fall: East and West Coast to Scandinavia from $360’s RT (or less) and From ~$309 RT Aug/Sept/Oct on Star Alliance, Oneworld, & Icelandair: East Coast to Scandinavia: Many of these great fares continue — with prices from the $360’s on Oneworld/Skyteam/Star Alliance. On some days, you may need to adjust dates a bit, but most are still available as of this writing. While late fall may not be the warmest time to visit Scandinavia, the price is right. Stack this with buying Choice Hotel points in Daily Getaways for nights in Nordic Choice Hotels, where breaksfast and dinner are complimentary in some hotels.
- $100/10k points per referral with Chase Freedom and Sapphire Preferred [Targeted?]: Chase referral bonuses come and go. I do not see an end date in the terms of any of my referral offers, but these increased offers surely won’t last forever.
|Other Limited-Time Offers|
- Best ever offer on Amex Hilton cards: Up to 100k + free weekend night!: Hilton points are worth a mostly fixed value, but that makes it easy to peg the value of these signup bonuses. I think either could be a good choice depending on your spend patterns. (Expires 5/31/15)
- Free $100 annual travel credit with new FNBO TravElite card: This newly refreshed card has added some great ongoing benefits and eliminated its annual fee, making it well worth a look.
- 107.5k Chase Marriott offer is now public: A great offer on a card that’s worth keeping if you can get more than $85 in value out of the annual free night certificate, which shouldn’t be too hard.
- Targeted United Explorer Card Offers: Up to 75K Miles
- Southwest Business 60K Offer is Back!
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- Earn bonus IHG points with A Spring Offer Just For You (Expires 5/15/17)
- 30% Transfer Bonus to Virgin Atlantic from Membership Rewards (Expires 5/22/17)
- Up to 5K Starpoints with Delta flights [Targeted] (Register by 5/31/17, fly by 7/31/17)
- HUGE stackable point earnings through Club Carlson (Expires 5/31/17)
- $100 back on $600 at Amex Travel (works on refundable hotels) (Expires 5/31/17)
- Stacking Citi Prestige for “3 nights free” with SPG (sort of): Must both book and stay by 6/1/17 for the SPG discount.
- Hertz one-way for $8 per day from FL or AZ, economy to full size car rentals (Expires 6/15/17)
- Amazing Deal (Maybe): 5k SAS miles per cheap Hertz rental: Well, this turned out to be a flop. While I received 5K miles for my first rental, I have yet to receive miles for my second rental (the next day) and Hertz changed the terms of the promotion to require a 3-day rental. One reader is reporting that he was told he would not receive the miles on a one-day rental he reserved before the program terms were changed. If you have one-day rentals booked and intended to take advantage of this promotion, you may want to contact Hertz about cancelling. On the other hand, if you have any 3-day or longer rentals planned, this promotion can still be good, but nowhere near amazing. Rentals must be reserved by 6/30/17 for pick up by 9/30/17).
- Amex Offer: $40 back on $200 at JetBlue: Highly targeted, but a nice savings if you plan to fly with JetBlue (Expires 6/30/17)
- One-way car rentals from Florida for $4.95 per day (Expires 6/30/17)
- First World of Hyatt Promotion – Double Points (Expires 6/30/17)
- Get $30 Off First Ride from Uber & American Express (Expires 7/31/17)
- Amex Offer: $50 back on $200 at HotelStorm: The terms of this offer imply that it is repeatable, so this could be a good way to save $50 on your hotel stays. Just keep in mind that you will probably not receive any elite credits / benefits / points on 3rd party bookings like this. (Expires 10/12/17)
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- Free BJ’s membership for 90 days + $5 off $50: The promotion now says you will have membership through the end of July, so it appears to have been extended.
- Earn 1.5k-5k AA miles for joining Sam’s Club
- $50 Cash back using Discover with Android Pay [Targeted] (7/31/17)
- 2x Membership Rewards (2.5x with Everyday Preferred) at many online merchants (Expires 12/31/17)
Bank Account Bonuses
- List of great bank account signup bonuses available this month.
- Capital One 360 – $200 Money Market Bonus – Publicly Available (1% APY & Requires $10,000 Deposited): This one comes courtesy of Doctor of Credit, but is getting a nod here because it’s an easy $200 if you have the cash to deposit. According to Doctor of Credit, there is no minimum time the money must remain in the bank — it seems that you can deposit to earn the bonus and withdraw immediately. (Expires 6/30/17)
- Charles Schwab Checking $100 Bonus (Comes with Free International ATMs)