Welcome to our weekly list of what’s ending this week as well as a collection of some of the best ongoing deals around.
As this is the final week of the month, we have a number of deals ending this week – compound that with a number of hot Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals that could die any minute and it’s going to be a busy week. Whether you’re looking for an easy free night with Marriott (after just two stays – registration ends 11/30) or the single-purchase Companion Pass for California residents, some key travel deals end this week. Those looking to increase supermarket spend will be happy to see extra fuel points and gift card discounts at Kroger & affiliates or ten bucks off Visa and Mastercard gift cards at Safeway & affiliates. If your travels take you out of the house this weekend, don’t forget to pull up the Mileage Plus X app, where you can earn 10x at some restaurants & retailers this weekend. Finally, see our “Won’t Last Long” section for deals that were on the brink of extinction when this was typed last night as well as updates on a couple of popular limited-time deals we posted this week.
Without further ado, here are this week’s Last Chance Deals. Those are followed by deals that Won’t Last Long and our Other Limited-time Offers. Deals in bold were posted this week.
|Last Chance Deals|
Expires Monday, November 27th
- $25 off $100 @ Staples w/ Visa Checkout: This one is scheduled to end 12/27 or when the limit is reached. I’d be surprised if this lasts through Monday.
- Best Buy gift card deal, extra fuel points, many more @ Kroger
- 25K Membership Rewards with $1K cruise booking [Targeted]
- Up to 10x miles at retailers & restaurants via MPX App: This one doesn’t have a specific expiration date, but the app says “Black Friday – Cyber Monday”, so my guess is that these increased payouts end Monday.
Expires Tuesday, November 28th
Expires Wednesday, November 29th
- Buy IHG points under .49 cents per point!: This one does have an end date of November 29th, but I wanted to highlight it here because it is an excellent opportunity to buy points at a rate that could be very favorable if you have a decent redemption lined up.
Expires Thursday, November 30th
- 25% Transfer bonus to JetBlue from Membership Rewards
- PUBLIC: Companion Pass after 1 purchase for California residents! This offer is absolutely smoking for California residents. The Companion Pass is probably the best deal in domestic travel — getting it with one credit card signup and a single purchase is amazing…..getting signup bonus points on top of that is epic. I already have a companion pass valid through 12/31/18 and my wife recently signed up for two cards to have another one valid through 12/31/19, otherwise I’d be asking if anyone in California needed a roommate for a couple of months!
- Transfer bonus to United: 30%, more or less
- 30% transfer bonus to Virgin Atlantic
- Earn a free night after 2 stays or bonus points with Q4 Marriott and Starwood promos: (Register by 11/30/17, stay by 1/15/18): Don’t forget to register by 11/30. Before I knew much about miles & points, I can’t tell you how many times I found myself checking in for a totally unplanned stay….and missing out on a promotion for which I hadn’t registered. Don’t make that mistake — even if you don’t think you’ll make 2 paid stays by 1/15/18, it’s worth registering in case of the unexpected. If you’re looking for inspiration about where to use the free night certificate, see the Best Marriotts in the US to spend your free nights or the Top 5 Cat 5 Marriotts in the world.
- Free $10 Amazon credit & what I used it on (Credit expires 11/30/17)
- Another awesome targeted Amex Offer: Supermarket Rewards!
|Won’t Last Long|
- $109 for Bose QuietComfort 25 Noise-cancelling headphones: This specific deal is actually dead — eBags has sold out of the QuietComfort 25’s. That said, they do have deals on some other Bose headphones that might also be solid assuming cash back pays out. My cash back on this one is pending (I updated the post with a screen shot). We’ll see if it pans out.
- [Updated – might not work] $30 Nespresso with a stack at Saks?: Unfortunately, this deal did not turn out to be as lucrative as I’d originally thought since the “gift card” bundled has such a short period of validity (12/4-12/10). This particular deal is dead; there is a new “gift card with purchase” deal that has a slightly longer period of validity, but the gift card on that new deal is still only valid through 12/22, so make sure you have plans to use it if you go after it.
- Tumi more than half off (some bags): This deal was semi-alive as of the time of writing last night: TopCashBack was still offering 25% as of last night (check today’s rates), but eBags customer service is refusing to combine gift cards purchased with Amex cards. eBags Amex Offers have been a regular thing for a long time and people have long been combining the gift cards via chat; unfortunately, it seems that the eBags billing department has put an end to that — so you’ll only be able to use 1 gift card for a max of 2 Amex Offers (1 from buying a gift card + 1 from the credit card used to pay the balance). That only raises the final price by $25 — the savings is still huge (though my example bag is sold out).
- Virtual Reality deal: Amex Offer + bundle + cash back: This still looks like a great deal to me. One of the Virtual Reality headsets is sold out, but there are still a number of good computer options and two nice VR bundles to be had. I don’t see an expiration date on this one. It was valid at the time of writing last night; I assume it will last at least through Cyber Monday, but then it’s anybody’s guess.
- 20% back on select Amazon items with Amazon credit cards: I don’t see an expiration date on this, but I can’t imagine it’ll last long.
- Now up to $50 GC when dining out (w/ minimum purchase): I’m not sure if this is a temporary or permanent increase, but you can get some pretty nice rewards when dining out through the Seated app right now.
|Other Limited-Time Offers|
Sign-up Bonuses / Credit Cards
- Uber Visa app is now live: There is no set expiration date for this offer, but it is a new card that may be of interest to some readers.
- Big Virgin Atlantic “90K” offer returns
- New Savor card earns 3% back on dining
- New 50K signup offer worth $500 in travel
- 60K offers return on Citi AA cards
- 50K offer now live: BOA Premium Rewards Credit Card: This is a great new offer that boils down to $500 back on $3K spend.
- Marriott 120K offer now public: There are two offers out on the Marriott credit card. See this post for info about the new 120K offer and a link for a comparison of all of the Marriott/SPG offers.
- 40K AA miles w/ 1 purchase: New Aviator Business card link
- 60K JetBlue miles with newly increased offer: This is the best offer we’ve ever seen on this card.
- Great new 10K MQM + 40K miles business card offer: The offer previously increased on the personal version — now that offer has been bumped up on the business card, too. This is a great time to go for this card if it’s on your radar.
- 20,000 Marriott points per referral up to 100K per year
- Nice: 60K American AAdvantage miles after a single purchase + fee
- Highest-ever bonus: 40K miles & 10K MQMs: This is the best bonus there has ever been on the Reserve card. If you’re eligible and had it on your radar, this is definitely the bonus to take on this card.
- Up to 50,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points for student loan refinance: There is no set expiration date on this offer.
- Up to 75K United miles with targeted MileagePlus Explorer offer
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- Targeted offers for 30K-35K Starpoints (Expires 12/31/17)
- Didn’t see this coming: New 125K Hilton offer (Expires 1/17/18)
- Great new targeted offer out for 75K Delta miles (Expires 1/24/18)
- 30% transfer bonus from Marriott to AA…probably not worth it (Expires 12/5/17)
- 10K+ Membership Rewards with each of these new offers The first of these offers expires 12/5/17.
- 20% transfer bonus to Aeroplan from Membership Rewards [Targeted] (Expires 12/10/17)
- 30% transfer bonus from hotels to Aeroplan….with one big exclusion (Expires 12/11/17)
- $100 back on $500 at Ritz-Carlton with new Amex Offer (Expires 12/11/17)
- Chase’s foray into offers: Whole Foods, Lowe’s, eBags, and more (Expires 12/15/17 or 12/31/17 depending on offer)
- New Chase Offers for Gap, Banana Republic, Home Chef, more (Expires 12/15/17 or 12/31/17 depending on offer; also check for returned offers)
- 33% Transfer bonus to Hilton Honors (Expires 12/15/17)
- No more Starpoints for Uber from December 17: You will no longer earn Starpoints with Uber after 11:59pm EST on 12/17.
- Buy Marriott points for 0.7 cents each (Expires 12/29/17)
- Get 10,000 points back on a $500 prepaid hotel booking (Expires 12/31/17)
- Another great offer: Alaska Airlines – spend $250, get $50/5K back [Targeted] (Expires 12/31/17)
- If you’re going to Vancouver, grab a gift card (Expires 12/31/17)
- Status match to top-tier with National Rental Cars (Expires 12/31/17)
- Hilton Double Up: 2X points Sept 1-December 31st, Diamonds earn more (Ends 12/31, but register before you stay)
- Hyatt Globalist fast track for all credit card holders: Register and complete your stays by 12/31.
- Low-hanging fruit: 3K points for a dollar (or less): (Expires 12/31/17)
- New Hertz offer stacks for 15% back total + United miles: (Expires 12/31/17)
- $40 back at Doubletree with new Amex Offer (Expires 12/31/17)
- 1K bonus Amtrak points with SPG (Expires 12/31/17)
- 2500 points for four small purchases [Targeted?] (Expires 12/31/17)
- Now up to 100K at 1mi/$1 investing with Lending Club (Expires 1/9/17)
- 6K points for skiing in Aspen [Targeted] (Expires 1/12/18)
- IHG Point Breaks list is live for bookings through 1/31/18 (Expires 1/31/18)
- IHG Point Breaks list Oct 30-Jan 31st: The list goes live on 10/30 and is available through 1/31/18.
- Big Hertz / United 5K+ per rental offer returns [Targeted]: Earn bonus miles for rentals through 1/31/18)
- One Two Free is back: 1 free day after 2 rentals: Earn through 2/28/16, use certificates by 6/15/18)
- $15 back with each dine in major cities through this app
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- Earn 1.5k-5k AA miles for joining Sam’s Club
- $20 off $100 on gift cards at Office Max / Depot; combine with $10 off $50 (Expires 12/9/17)
- 10x at Walmart again with Chase Pay! (Expires 12/14/17)
- Hot new Dell offer for $50/5K back on $299 [Targeted] (Expires 12/21/17)
- Update: Chase Pay: 10x at Best Buy up to $400 per card, not targeted (Expires 12/24/17)
- New Google Express offer: $20 or 2K back on $50 (Expires 12/28/17)
- Office Depot: Spend $50, get 1K Membership Rewards or $10 back [Targeted] (Expires 12/31/17)
- $30 off of $60 at Amazon with 1 Membership Rewards point [Targeted] (Expires 12/31/17)
- 50% transfer bonus: Hotels to Asia Miles (Expires 12/31/17)
- Cool promo: Earn 50K bonus AA miles w/ partner activity (Expires 12/31/17)
- Awesome new offers to save $$ at many stores (Best Buy and many others expire 12/31/17)
- 20K Membership Rewards, $5 back on $5 & other new offers (KLM and Gilt offers expire 12/31, QT 1/15/18)
- 5.5x on groceries, 4x on gas & more extra point offers [Targeted] (Expires 12/31/17)
- Double points with Club Carlson Visa (Expires 12/31/17)
- Earn a couple bucks on Plastiq payments with Drop (Expires 12/31/17)
- Pay mortgage by Mastercard w/ 1.5% fee after rebate: Set up three payments that pay before 12/31/17.
- More Amex 2X merchants (Expires 12/31/17)
- Add fast: 2K back on $100 at Staples, 2K back on $75 in groceries, and more [Some targeted] (Expires 1/15/18)
- 11.5K Membership Rewards for furniture, new Boxed offer, delayed Delta offer, and more (Furniture offer expires 1/21/18, some sooner)
- Awesome: 5K points for Amazon Prime Membership [Targeted] (Expires 3/2/18)
- 30K Membership Rewards w/ new Yelp offer (Expires 4/9/18)
Bank Account Bonuses
- List of great bank account signup bonuses available this month.
- Charles Schwab Checking $100 Bonus (Comes with Free International ATMs)