Welcome to our weekly list of what’s ending this week as well as a collection of some of the best ongoing deals around. There are a number of deals ending today. While the rest of this week’s list is not scheduled to end today, you will notice a long list of deals in the “Won’t Last Long” section. A number of those airfare sales have persisted — tons of sub-$400 economy class fares to Europe and sub-$2K business class fares to Europe (and sub-$1200 RT from Europe to the US), as well as flights to Mexico under $200 round trip and to Asia under $500 round trip. If you are a Business Platinum card holder looking for some opportunities to use your pay-with-points rebate while you still can, check out some of this week’s airfares.
If you’re interested in any of these deals, there’s no time like the present and no telling when some may end. Here are this week’s Last Chance Deals.
Deals in bold were posted this week.
|Last Chance Deals|
- More SAS EuroBonus miles with Best Western, Avis (Must reserve by 4/30/17 for pick up 5/1-12/31/17)
- 500 Bonus miles with AAdvantage eShopping
- Vancouver winter hotel deal: Great 1st night rebates on prepaid rates
- Citi Thank You Rewards 50% transfer bonus to JetBlue
- Earn 1k per new partner with Delta SkyMiles
- 5,000 Alaska Airlines miles for joining MileagePlan and taking a flight: Terrific chance to get started with Alaska and earn a much of miles.
- Etihad 20% bonus on miles converted from hotel programs
- Final Call to Earn and Redeem Alaska Airlines Miles on Delta: Today, April 30th is your last day to book, though Alaska allows award tickets to be booked 330 days in advance. Be aware that you may not be able to make changes after April 30th, so proceed with caution.
|Won’t Last Long|
- #Business Class on Skyteam & Star Alliance: $1300’s RT Europe to USA: The fares from Brussels are gone, but those from Berlin continue to be available on both alliances between $1374 and just over $1400. These could be a great use of the Business Platinum pay-with-points rebate if you’re looking for a last chance at it.
- Airfare: San Francisco to Mexico City $153 RT, Cancun $190 RT: The fare to Cancun is no longer available, but Mexico city still is. Other cities in Mexico may also be available — for example, San Francisco to Acapulco for just $225 round trip.
- HOT: Business Class, Jun/Jul/Aug NYC-Naples from ~$1860 RT; Sicily less / France for $2k: Surprised these are still around, though great business class fares are becoming more and more common. All of the fares in this post (or very close to them) are still available — though you will need to change dates on some of them when clicking through to Google Flights. Terrific use of the Business Platinum pay-with-points rebate while you still can or British Airways Extreme Stacking / Alaska Airlines premium bonuses. Check the post for details.
- Fly away Friday: Business Class to Europe or South America under $2K, Economy deals to Asia: The vast majority of these fares are still available (+/- $20). Most of the Chicago to China fares are gone (though Chicago-Beijing is still alive) — but the flights from Boston to China and those from both the East and West Coast to Europe are all still alive. The sub-$2k round trip business class fares from New York to Frankfurt, Barcelona, Naples (noted above), or Stockholm (direct) are all still available as well.
- #Business Class to Europe under $2K on Singapore, Delta, United, American & more: Again, all of these city pairs continue to have sub-$2k fares — and Toronto to Moscow has now dropped again to $1769 RT on Oneworld carriers (great way to bank a nice haul of Alaska miles! Read my post from this past week for a little bit of info on that idea).
- Fly to Asia or Europe: From $599 on Singapore economy, $1100 in premium economy: Great fares for travel on one of the world’s best airlines. The premium economy fare can be upgraded to business class with miles. Of note, Delta has dropped premium economy pricing on to $860 RT, but those flights are not direct.
- Ooh la la – Paris for Valentine’s Day: $367 round trip and many more airfare deals: Tons of sub-$400 round trip flights to Europe still available, some starting as early as mid-August.
- New Amex Offers: Saks, Hilton Garden/Hampton, Nike, Reebok, Uniqlo and more: These offers have varying expiration dates, with most in May, June, and July. Popular offers sometimes disappear sooner, so add them to your cards before they are gone.
- Get 50k AA miles with new DirecTV service & contract: When I click the link, the offer initially shows 25K AA miles. After a minute or two, the offer refreshes to show the higher bonus. 50K miles is more generous than what we normally see for DirecTV sign up incentives. The current “promotional” pricing is slated to end May 20th, but the 50K mileage payout could end sooner. If you’re interested, consider taking advantage sooner rather than later.
- Autumn fares to Europe fall: East and West Coast to Scandinavia from $360’s RT (or less) and From ~$309 RT Aug/Sept/Oct on Star Alliance, Oneworld, & Icelandair: East Coast to Scandinavia: Many of these great fares continue — with prices from the $360’s on Oneworld/Skyteam/Star Alliance. Some of these routes are covered in sales above, but others are uniquely in these posts. Remember that flights within Europe can be very cheap — so even if these don’t fly into the city you’d like to visit, you may be able to combo these sales with a cheap one-way to the city of your choice.
- $100/10k points per referral with Chase Freedom and Sapphire Preferred [Targeted?]: Chase referral bonuses come and go. I do not see an end date in the terms of any of my referral offers, but these increased offers surely won’t last forever.
|Other Limited-Time Offers|
- 60K American AAdvantage mile offers on both Citibusiness and personal AAdvantage Platinum Select
- Best ever offer on Amex Hilton cards: Up to 100k + free weekend night!: Hilton points are worth a mostly fixed value, but that makes it easy to peg the value of these signup bonuses. I think either could be a good choice depending on your spend patterns. (Expires 5/31/15)
- Free $100 annual travel credit with new FNBO TravElite card: This newly refreshed card has added some great ongoing benefits and eliminated its annual fee, making it well worth a look.
- 107.5k Chase Marriott offer is now public: A great offer on a card that’s worth keeping if you can get more than $85 in value out of the annual free night certificate, which shouldn’t be too hard.
- Targeted United Explorer Card Offers: Up to 75K Miles
- Southwest Business 60K Offer is Back!
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- Earn bonus IHG points with A Spring Offer Just For You (Expires 5/15/17)
- 30% Transfer Bonus to Virgin Atlantic from Membership Rewards (Expires 5/22/17)
- Up to 5K Starpoints with Delta flights [Targeted] (Register by 5/31/17, fly by 7/31/17)
- HUGE stackable point earnings through Club Carlson (Expires 5/31/17)
- $100 back on $600 at Amex Travel (works on refundable hotels) (Expires 5/31/17)
- Stacking Citi Prestige for “3 nights free” with SPG (sort of): Must both book and stay by 6/1/17 for the SPG discount.
- Hertz one-way for $8 per day from FL or AZ, economy to full size car rentals (Expires 6/15/17)
- Amazing Deal (Maybe): 5k SAS miles per cheap Hertz rental: Well, this turned out to be a flop. While I received 5K miles for my first rental, I have yet to receive miles for my second rental (the next day) and Hertz changed the terms of the promotion to require a 3-day rental. One reader is reporting that he was told he would not receive the miles on a one-day rental he reserved before the program terms were changed. If you have one-day rentals booked and intended to take advantage of this promotion, you may want to contact Hertz about cancelling. On the other hand, if you have any 3-day or longer rentals planned, this promotion can still be good, but nowhere near amazing. Rentals must be reserved by 6/30/17 for pick up by 9/30/17).
- Amex Offer: $40 back on $200 at JetBlue: Highly targeted, but a nice savings if you plan to fly with JetBlue (Expires 6/30/17)
- One-way car rentals from Florida for $4.95 per day (Expires 6/30/17)
- First World of Hyatt Promotion – Double Points (Expires 6/30/17)
- Get $30 Off First Ride from Uber & American Express (Expires 7/31/17)
- Amex Offer: $50 back on $200 at HotelStorm: The terms of this offer imply that it is repeatable, so this could be a good way to save $50 on your hotel stays. Just keep in mind that you will probably not receive any elite credits / benefits / points on 3rd party bookings like this. (Expires 10/12/17)
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- Free BJ’s membership for 90 days + $5 off $50: The promotion now says you will have membership through the end of July, so it appears to have been extended.
- Earn 1.5k-5k AA miles for joining Sam’s Club
- $50 Cash back using Discover with Android Pay [Targeted] (7/31/17)
- 2x Membership Rewards (2.5x with Everyday Preferred) at many online merchants (Expires 12/31/17)
Bank Account Bonuses
- List of great bank account signup bonuses available this month.
- Capital One 360 – $200 Money Market Bonus – Publicly Available (1% APY & Requires $10,000 Deposited): This one comes courtesy of Doctor of Credit, but is getting a nod here because it’s an easy $200 if you have the cash to deposit. According to Doctor of Credit, there is no minimum time the money must remain in the bank — it seems that you can deposit to earn the bonus and withdraw immediately. (Expires 6/30/17)
- Charles Schwab Checking $100 Bonus (Comes with Free International ATMs)