Via Flyertalk, phltraveler posted what appears to be Marriott’s new terms & conditions. If these terms are correct (not yet verified), then there’s a bit of good news and bad news…
- Marriott Elite Benefit Guarantees continue and extend to Starwood properties. This is a great benefit that I’m happy to see extended. See: Marriott pays up when they fail to deliver elite benefits.
- There also appear to be select benefits for Platinum Premier members that we didn’t know about previously (we’ll follow up in the future with more details)
- The ability to earn 10 elite nights per meeting appears to be limited to one time only in the new program
- Certain properties are not available at standard rates:
524. iii. Free Night Awards at the following locations require a higher amount of Points either because the Participating Property does not have standard rooms or the standard rooms it offers have a mandatory full board requirement in peak seasons: Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand; The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket, Thailand; Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas, Steamboat Springs, Colorado; The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal, Costa Rica; The St. Regis Bora Bora and the Le Méridien Bora Bora, Bora Bora, French Polynesia; Mystique, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini, Santorini, Greece; The St. Regis Bali Resort, Nusa Dua, Indonesia; Hotel Cala di Volpe, Hotel Pitrizza, and Hotel Romazzino, Costa Smeralda, Italy; W Maldives, North Ari Atoll, Maldives; W Koh Samui, Surat Thani, Thailand; Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai, U.A.E.; St. Regis Residence Club, Aspen, Aspen, CO; and Phoenician Residences, a Luxury Collection Residence Club, Scottsdale, AZ.
The quoted text above directly contradicts what has been told to us by Marriott executives, so I’m not at all certain that it is true, but I guess we’ll find out on or shortly after August 18th when the new program goes live.
For background, see: SPG’s Off the Chart Properties, and a Map.
Here’s the document in full (Hat Tip: Flyertalk via View from the Wing)