|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Avianca LifeMiles is offering a bonus 1500 miles when you book a hotel through LifeMiles hotels by February 29, 2020 for a stay completed by May 31, 2020. This bonus is only valid one time per member and would be best used on a cheap 1-night stay, where it could represent a pretty nice rebate. Just keep in mind that bookings through LifeMiles hotels are processed by RocketMiles and therefore will not earn elite credit, hotel points, or give you access to elite benefits in most cases. Furthermore, the bonus doesn’t apply to all hotels, though it does apply to many (most?) based on my first couple of searches.
- Avianca LifeMiles is offering 1500 bonus miles at select hotels (many hotels are included) when you make a booking through LifeMiles hotels by 2/29 and complete your stay by 5/31/20
- Book at https://www.lifemiles.com/stay/hotels (the 1500 bonus miles at select hotels are reflected in search results)
- To be eligible for this promotion and earn the bonus, you have to book through the dedicated LifeMiles Hotels page ( https://www.lifemiles.com/stay/hotels ) before 11:59PM CT February 29th, 2020, additionally, you will have to complete your stay before May 31st, 2020. Only bookings made through the dedicated website listed above will be eligible to obtain the bonus.
- The bonus applies only to one (1) reservation per Member.
- Upon payment, login to your LifeMiles account or add your LifeMiles Account number to your reservation.
- Hotel stay must be completed as booked.
- The LM 1,500 additional bonus will be awarded between 2 and 4 weeks after check out.
- The maximum bonus to be awarded with this promotion is of 1,500 Miles and applies only for selected hotels.
I generally don’t like booking hotels through RocketMiles / LifeMiles hotels or other third-party platforms because it means giving up elite credit / benefits / hotel points. However, when the rebate is enough, it can make me reconsider.
Keep in mind that this promo applies to “selected” hotels. You’ll see the bonus miles reflected in the search results (the base miles are crossed out in favor of the total including the 1500-mile bonus).
The current promo is offered as a one-time bonus for a stay booked by 2/29/20 and completed by 5/31/20, so it would be best used toward a cheap one-night stay. I’m seeing some cheap stays where that could potentially make for a great rebate.
Even if you value the miles at just 1.25c each, that’s about $30 worth of miles, which is a pretty nice rebate. On the other hand, I wouldn’t recommend the Days Inn Albany Airport. I once parked there for a couple of weeks when flying out for a trip, so I’ve only seen the lobby. That was enough to make me feel like I should have my vehicle detailed after letting it spend two weeks in such close proximity.
However, I saw plenty of instances particularly for airport stays where earning miles could work out to make a cheap stay an even better deal if you’re not concerned with elite credit / points.
The more you’re spending on the night, the less of a difference the 1500 miles makes in the overall scheme of things and obviously if you need elite credit or benefits, this promo will be a miss.
I’ll keep this one in the back of my mind because there is at least a possibility that I’ll need a road trip overnight that would fit the bill here, the question is just whether or not I’ll want to book something before 2/29.
I’ve added this to our current hotel promotions list.