A new Lowe’s Amex Offer has appeared today which offers a 15% statement credit on up to $100 of spend. While the savings aren’t as great as with past Lowe’s Amex Offers, it’s still a decent discount and you can easily lock in the savings by buying a $100 gift card for all kinds of brands.
- Get 15% back as a statement credit when making purchases in-store at Lowe’s or online at Lowes.com.
- Expires October 31, 2019.
- Limit $15 statement credits.
- Offer valid in-store at participating locations in the US and online at Lowes.com.
- Excludes purchases shipped outside of the US, e-gift card purchases, corporate gift card purchases, bulk gift card purchases, ATGstores.com, Lowe’s Zone, Custom Blinds and Shades, Porch, Resolve, and The Mine.
There was a Lowe’s Amex Offer earlier this year that offered 10% back in statement credits. While the percentage with this new offer is higher at 15%, it has a maximum spend of only $100 whereas the 10% offer had a maximum spend of $1,000.
Still, 15% savings at Lowe’s is a decent discount and is one that’s worth taking advantage of. Even if you don’t need to spend any money there for home projects within the next month and a half, you can buy a $100 Lowe’s gift card to lock in the savings.
Alternatively, Lowe’s stores have a decent gift card rack selling all kinds of gift cards. You can get third party gift cards like Amazon, eBay and Best Buy as well as Visa and Mastercard gift cards. Depending on where you live, you might be able to buy a gift card for a local grocery store too. I used part of the $1,000 allowance from the last Lowe’s Amex Offer to buy Kroger and Giant gift cards when staying near those stores, so that’s a helpful alternative if you don’t think you’ll need to buy any other third party gift cards before the end of October.
Note that eGift card purchases are excluded – that’s because Lowe’s doesn’t process those transactions and so they don’t trigger the Amex Offer. Regular Lowe’s purchases online will trigger the offer though which have the added benefit of being able to stack with portal cashback for even greater savings.