Marriott has partnered with select vacation home property management companies to provide access to premium & luxury vacation homes around the world. You can search and book homes on their Homes & Villas website: www.homesandvillasbymarriott.com. At the time of this writing, I’ve been unable to find any properties outside of the US that available on dates that I select. I keep getting this:
Hopefully, that’s just a temporary glitch. Within the US, the website seems to work well. And, to my surprise, when booking with points you get 0.7 cents per point value. That’s hardly amazing (our current Reasonable Redemption Value for Marriott is nearly identical), but it’s far better than I had expected. Marriott had previously tested this out with homes in England and there they had pegged point values at only 0.4 cents per point. I don’t know yet whether the 0.7 cent value is in place worldwide or only within the US. I hope it’s worldwide. I also haven’t done any digging to try to figure out how much of a premium Marriott adds onto these prices over booking similar properties directly. I expect it’s substantial.
- Vacation rentals can be booked with points. Point prices are pegged at 0.7 cents per point value. For example, a $1611 stay would cost 230,143 Marriott Bonvoy points. That’s not bad, but it doesn’t offer outsized value for your points Also note that 5th Night Free Awards do not apply.
- You can earn points on paid rentals. The base earning rate will be 5 points per dollar plus bonuses for elite status.
- Elite members will be eligible for an “Elite Welcome Gift of special amenities or points.” We will update this once details are known.
- Location: “Over 100 destinations throughout the United States, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America.”
- Scope: “2,000 curated premium and luxury homes.”
We have updated our Marriott Bonvoy Guide with this information.