|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Marriott has opened registration for its Q4 2019 promotion and it’s just as poor a promotion as all their others so far this year as you only earn 2,000 bonus points on your second stay.
- Earn 2,000 bonus points after your second stay which will unlock an additional offer.
- Direct link to registration.
- Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required.
- Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by December 31, 2019, will earn 2,000 bonus points (one-time) after their second stay, during the promotion earning period.
- The promotion earning period is for stays between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
- After a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer will be unlocked and become available in the member’s account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay is posted to the member’s account. The member will be auto-registered into the additional offer, and will receive notification via email and through their online member account. The earning period for the additional offer will be from the day the member is auto-registered through January 14, 2020.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion.
- The offer is not transferable.
- Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 7-10 days after the qualifying stay.
Marriott promotion designers: How much do I dislike thee? Let me count the ways.
Marriott has had a series of incredibly poor quarterly promotions this year and this one is no exception. You earn nothing on your first stay, then only earn 2,000 bonus points when you stay a second time. Unlike Hyatt and Hilton promos, award stays don’t count, so you’ll only earn bonus points on paid stays.
After the second stay you’ll unlock an additional offer, but it’ll be more than a week before anyone knows what that will be; hopefully it’ll be something a little more exciting than this 2,000 point offer.
Given how relatively little value 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points are worth, it’s not worth letting this promotion influence your booking behavior. You might as well register for it though just in case you end up having a couple of paid Marriott stays before January 14.
If you do book any paid stays, be sure to check Cashback Monitor first to see which portal is offering the best rate for Marriott.
Last updated on January 18th, 2020