Last week, JetBlue announced a great promotion: if you have elite status on another airline, JetBlue will grant you a match to Mosaic status for the remainder of 2017. If you then earn 3,750 base TrueBlue points within 90 days of your match, you will receive Mosaic status throughout 2018.
- Match status from Delta, United, American, Southwest, Virgin, or Alaska to JetBlue’s Mosaic status for the remainder of 2017
- Automatically register for a status challenge to keep status throughout 2018 by earning 3,750 base True Blue points within 90 days of your match
- Must request your match by 11:59pm EST on August 14, 2017
- Must have one of the following statuses: Delta® SkyMiles Medallion® Silver, Gold, Platinum or Diamond; United® MileagePlus® Premier® Silver, Gold, Platinum or Premier1K®; American Airlines® AAdvantage Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum Pro® or AAdvantage Executive Platinum®; Southwest® Rapid Rewards® A-List Preferred or Companion Pass; Virgin America Elevate Silver or Gold; and Alaska Airlines® Mileage PlanTM MVP® Gold or MVP® Gold 75k
- Only the 3x per dollar on the base fare of your flights counts towards earning 3750 base TrueBlue points (meaning that you’ll have to spend $1250 on base fares within 90 days of registration in order to keep Mosaic through December 31, 2018.
- You won’t receive 15K bonus points when you are matched to Mosaic
The key benefits of Mosaic status include:
- No change or cancellation fees
- Free 1st and 2nd bags for you and those traveling on your itinerary
- Early boarding
- An additional 3 points per dollar earning on flights (this bonus does not count towards earning the 3750 required to keep status)
- Complimentary alcoholic beverages
- Priority boarding
- Expedited security
While you won’t get upgrades to Mint class, the benefits of status could still be quite valuable if you fly JetBlue often. If you have a family vacation coming up on JetBlue, the savings on bag fees could make this a very attractive offer, and the flexibility of no change or cancel fees is one of the benefits I value the most highly in an airline loyalty program.
If you are eligible, be sure to time out your request as you’ll have 90 days from registration to earn enough points to keep status through 2018. You will want to make sure that your travel plans line up within that 90-day window if you’re looking to keep status beyond this year.