1,000,546 points earned!
Background: Million Mile Madness is the fun and foolish quest to earn a million points in one month. Throughout March, I’m doing everything I can to earn as many points as I can while keeping within my ethical boundaries. I don’t expect that a million points will have been credited to my account by March 31st: points often take quite a while to get credited. Instead, I’ll track all of the points that I expect, and I’ll declare victory if the expected total is over a million. To keep things challenging, I will try to keep my net costs below $1,000.
At about 3PM Sunday afternoon, March 31, I was less than 2000 points away from my goal. So, I cranked up Kivalens, and made enough loans to get to a million points & miles, and to hopefully do some good! For details about Kivalens, see “Minimum spend requirements? Kivalens to the rescue.”
So, I made it to an expected million points, but did I keep the budget to under $1000 in net costs? I believe so. In fact, right now, it looks as if I may end up with a small profit. It will be quite a while until I know for sure, though, since I have yet to sell everything bought for resale. Of the items that I’ve started to sell, most are selling quickly and at a profit.
Now I can finally take a break! I’ll follow up later this week with information about how I did this, what types of points & miles I earned, thoughts about what I’ll do with those points, and more. See you in April!
Learn about Million Mile Madness:
- A crazy million mile idea. Should I do it?
- Million Mile Madness, it’s on
- Million Mile Madness: Strategy
- Million Mile Madness: Preparing to buy & sell
- Million Mile Madness: Tracking points and expenses
- Million Mile Madness: The big churn story
- Million Mile Madness: buying, selling Kohl’s
- Million Mile Madness: Banking on Lowe’s
- Million Mile Madness: A setback from Sears
- Million Mile Madness: Pending Success
- Million Mile Madness: Bumps in the road
- Million Mile Madness: Credit scores and pulls
- Million Mile Madness: Easy points