If you have a week free in January or August 2019 and you have 1.2 million Virgin Atlantic miles burning a hole in your pocket, you can once again book an all-inclusive week for two at Sir Richard Branson’s Necker Island. The island was unavailable for quite a while after hurricane Irma hit in 2017, but it is once again bookable with miles.
The current rules require that you have Virgin Atlantic Silver or Gold status to book the week (but you may be able to get that easily by status matching from another airline program).
At the moment, only two weeks in 2019 are available to be booked with miles:
- January 6 2019, 7 Nights
- August 24 2019, 7 Nights [UPDATE: SOLD OUT]
Readers may remember that my wife and I used our miles to visit Necker Island in the fall of 2016 and we loved it. Richard Branson actually lives and works on the island so guests are likely to have many opportunities to interact with him. Plus, since most meals are shared with other guests on the island, you’re likely to make new friends from around the world. We’ve kept in contact with quite a few of the other guests from the week we visited.
From the Necker Island website, here’s what’s included when you book with 1.2 million miles for 2 adults:
- Your accommodation
- All meals and drinks (including all alcoholic beverages) – served in a variety of locations
- Return launch transfer from Virgin Gorda or Beef Island airports
- A dedicated team of staff
- Two freshwater infinity pools and a huge hot tub on the beach
- Two floodlit tennis courts
- Water sports equipment so you can go windsurfing, kite-surfing, water-skiing, sailing, snorkeling and even SCUBA diving plus much more
- Disco DJ included on one night
- Wireless internet throughout the island
- 10% BVI accommodation tax
Read about our Necker Island stay here: Is Necker Island really worth 1.2 million miles?