Via Twitter, John reports that Amex is offering a new Amex Offer: Spend $100 or more in-store at Target or Walmart by 7/31/2015 and get a $30 statement credit. This is amazing in a few ways: first, it means getting 30% back from any $100 purchase at either store. Second, you can get the statement credit 5 times per card registered to this offer!
- Log into your Amex online account to check for this offer under “Amex Offers for You”. Just FYI: I couldn’t find this offer on any of my or my wife’s cards.
- If you find the offer on multiple cards, do not click “Save Offer” until you’ve read how to add an offer like this to multiple cards (found here). If you click “Save Offer” too soon, you’ll lose the ability to add it to other cards.
- In-store purchases of gift cards should work fine.
- Note that each transaction in-store must be $100 or more. Some offers let you make multiple purchases over time in order to reach the required threshold, but this one requires the $100 threshold each time.
- If buying a more expensive item, you should be able to split tender and pay $100 at a time if you have this offer on multiple cards.
Please see: The complete guide to Amex Offers