|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Four new Amex Offers appeared yesterday for four different Marriott Rewards brands. The terms for each offer are very similar – spend $200+ and get $40 back – but each one appears to be targeted.
- Spend $200+ on room rate and room charges and get $40 back. There are targeted offers for:
- Four Points
- SpringHill Suites
- Fairfield Inn
- Expires January 31, 2019.
- Offer only valid at brand specified in the Amex Offer.
- Not valid on Shop Marriott or gift card purchases.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
There are four different Amex Offers in total, with each offer only being valid for stays at that particular brand. A two night stay at any of these brands should end up triggering the Amex Offer.
These offers are all targeted – I only received the Courtyard and Four Points offers, while my wife received both of those as well as the SpringHill Suites offer. There’s apparently a Fairfield Inn version of the offer too, but neither of us got that one.
Buying gift cards from the front desk of one of these brands should trigger the offer. I’ve not had any luck in recent months though finding nearby properties that have Marriott gift cards to take advantage of these types of Amex Offers.
Now that you can only load each offer to one card, it’d make most sense to load it to an SPG card if you’re lucky enough to have it show up on one of those.
If you’ll be using the Amex Offers to pay for stays rather than going the gift card route, it might be worth waiting until a Thursday to make a reservation. That’s because the cashback rate for Marriott bookings through portals seems to increase on Thursdays.
Last updated on February 2nd, 2019