Hyatt has announced its newest promotion: get either double points at most Hyatt brands and triple points at Hyatt Place properties beginning with your second qualifying stay during the promotional period.
- Get double World of Hyatt points on eligible spend at “over 500 Hyatt hotels and resorts, 10 plus participating M life Rewards destinations, and more than 200 participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels” for stays between September 15, 2019 and December 15, 2019.
- Get triple World of Hyatt points at “on eligible spend starting with their second qualifying stay from September 15 through December 15 at participating Hyatt Place hotels worldwide”.
- Direct link to press release
- Direct link to register
- Must register (available at the link above) between September 9th and October 31, 2019, then stay from September 15 to December 15, 2019.
- Eligible spend starts with your second qualifying stay during the earn period
- Maximum 200,000 Bonus Points total may be earned during Promotion Period, with a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points for the Hyatt Place hotels bonus and a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points for the Non-Hyatt Place hotels bonus
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Stay” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay. (i.e. award stays count)
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion (so if you’re reserving multiple rooms, be sure to charge everything to the room in which you are registered)
- You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of check-in for each stay.
- Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying stay for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
- See promotion page for full terms
Hyatt points are quite valuable, so earning more points is obviously better than fewer. I’m usually not very excited about these promotions that begin with your second stay, but in this case I’m actually checking out of a Hyatt hotel on the day this promotion begins, so I believe I’ll be set for double points on any other Hyatt stays through December 15th (if only I had some booked!).
I am particularly happy to see the fact that Hyatt Place properties will earn triple points through this promotion. My biggest gripe with the Hyatt program has been that I didn’t mind going out of my way to stay at a Hyatt Place back when I could qualify for elite status based on stays. Now that 60 nights are required, I’ve often said that the problem is that Hyatt Place and Hyatt House have long made up the majority of the chain’s footprint and there is absolutely no benefit at those properties for elite members since everyone (who books directly) gets breakfast and there often aren’t upgraded rooms. Still, I like Hyatt Place, especially now that we travel with a baby (the extra space is really helpful). Offering triple points at those properties is a way to reward members for choosing to go out of their way to be loyal to Hyatt, and I think that’s a good thing.
I’m not sure that double or triple points will be enough to get me to change plans in terms of my stays during this period, but I’ll certainly keep an eye out for opportunities to take advantage. Keep in mind that this deal will stack with other current promotions like:
- Easy 500 Hyatt points with app booking
- 2 New Hyatt Promos: Earn 2,000 Bonus Points At Hyatt Centric & At New Hyatt Brands
- 2 More Hyatt Promos: At Select Properties Save 25% On Points + Cash Or Get Up To 25% Points Rebate On Free Nights
- Hyatt Cardholders: Spend $500+ At Hyatt Ziva & Hyatt Zilara & Get $250 Statement Credit
- Double elite nights at Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara
- Extra 500 Hyatt points per night at select properties (some of these are Hyatt Place properties)
Last updated on September 14th, 2019