Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
IHG Rewards Club is sending out targeted emails inviting members to register for a promotion offering 5,000 points per stay on their next two Kimpton stays.
- Register for the promotion and earn 5,000 points per stay for your next two Kimpton stays.
- Direct link (Targeted).
- Register, book & stay by April 30.
- Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion.
- Bonus Points will be awarded after your next qualifying stay, which must be completed on or by April 30, 2018 at any Kimpton hotel worldwide.
- Members who book and stay once at a Kimpton® hotel will be awarded 5,000 bonus points. This is in addition to the points they will earn through the qualified stay itself. Members who book and stay twice at any Kimpton hotel will be awarded an additional 5,000 bonus points.
- The maximum number of points that can be awarded to a member is 10,000 points.
- A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at Kimpton hotels.
- Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points.
- Members are only eligible to be awarded once during the promotion period.
- Allow 4-6 weeks from stay for bonus points to be posted to your account.
- IHG Rewards Club members who have chosen miles as their earning preference will be awarded points.
- This exclusive offer is valid for original recipient only.
This offer appears to be targeted. A registration invitation was included in an email I received on March 15 with the subject line ‘Stephen, Your March IHG Rewards Club eStatement is Ready.’ My wife received a similar email, but there was no link to register in her email.
There was an issue when I first tried registering as it gave the following error message: ‘We’re sorry, this offer is not available to you. A list of current offers can be found on the IHG Rewards Club Offers page. We look forward to having you as a guest.’ That error message continued for the past couple of days, but I was finally able to register successfully today.
IHG seems to be pushing hard to encourage its members to check out the Kimpton brand now that it’s been integrated into the IHG Rewards Club system.
That’s because there are some other Kimpton offers going on right now that’ll stack with this offer. There’s the 10,000 bonus points you’ll get on your next Kimpton stay, as well as an Amex Offer for $60 back when spending $300 at Kimpton properties.
The best way to maximize these offers would be to find a Kimpton property that costs as close to $150 per night including taxes as possible.
For example, there’s a Double Double room available at the Kimpton Hotel Allegro in Chicago for $131.42 per night. With tax, the cost would be $154.27 per night.
If you were to then book two separate stays, you’d end up with the following:
- Cost: $248.54 ($308.54 minus $60 statement credit from Amex Offer).
- 10,000 IHG Rewards Club bonus points (first Kimpton offer which is now (sort of) part of the Accelerate promotion).
- 5,000 IHG Rewards Club bonus points (first stay from this new promotion).
- 5,000 IHG Rewards Club bonus points (second stay from this new promotion).
- 2,628 IHG Rewards Club base points (10x base points on a $131.42 nightly rate before tax for two one-night stays).
- 1,314 IHG Rewards Club Platinum bonus points (5x bonus points on a $131.42 nightly rate before tax for two one-night stays. This is assuming you have the IHG Rewards Club credit card which comes with Platinum status).
- $23.66 portal cashback (9% cashback on 2x $131.42 – the current highest rate).
- 249 Membership Rewards (from paying with your American Express credit card due to the Amex Offer).
Taking into account the portal cashback and Amex Offer statement credit, your net cost for two nights at this Kimpton property would be $224.88. You’d also earn 23,942 IHG Rewards Club points and 249 Membership Rewards (or 249 Delta SkyMiles / 249 points if you have the Amex Offer on a different type of card.)
Last updated on May 6th, 2018