|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
A new Marriott Amex Offer came out a couple of days ago that’s offering $60 back when spending $300 or more. This sadly won’t stack with the other Marriott Amex Offer that’s available at the moment as that one is for Marriott’s luxury brands whereas this one specifically excludes those brands.
- Spend $300+ on room rate or room charges at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties and get $60 back.
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires December 31, 2019.
- Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
- Not valid at Marriott Bonvoy properties in Cuba.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy App or by calling 1-888-236-2427.
- Excludes the following brands: Marriott Vacation Club, Edition, St. Regis Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, JW Marriott Hotels, Vistana, Design Hotels, Protea Hotels, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and Marriott Executive Apartments.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities, or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy points.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount of at least $300 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
If you were disappointed by the Marriott Amex Offer for luxury brands because they’re not brands you normally stay at, this offer will hopefully be more to your liking as it includes brands like Marriott, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, SpringHill Suites, etc.
In the past it’s been possible to trigger the Amex Offer when meeting the $300 threshold by paying for two or more stays. The terms don’t specifically state that you have to spend the $300 in one transaction, so I suspect you can meet the spend requirement when paying for more than one stay, although I’m not certain about that.
The terms exclude gift card purchases, but if you can find a participating property that knows how to sell you a gift card from the front desk, that should trigger the statement credit too. Good luck finding a property though as I’ve struck out at every Marriott property I’ve ever tried to buy a gift card from.
This offer is listed on the Amex Connect site, so we’ve provided the link above. In theory you should be able to log in and select which of your Amex cards to add it to. I was able to do that and chose one of my Marriott cards so that I’d earn 6x when using the offer, but I got an error message when trying to load it. When not using Amex Connect, the offer only appears on one of my Amex Gold cards, so I might end up having to settle for that.