|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Park Hyatt has been out with a promotion this summer to get a $100 credit on a 2+ night stay with coupon code PYS100. The terms do not seem to exclude an award stay, though I’ve read mixed reports about whether or not it will work if you’re using your Hyatt points. Unfortunately, the code increases the rate on paid stays, so this one may be less of a deal than it appears to be on the surface.
- Stay 2+ nights through September 30, 2018 and get a $100 hotel credit at participating Park Hyatt hotels with coupon code PYS100
- Direct link to this promotion
- Offer valid for reservations made in at least 24 hours in advance between 06/15/2018 and 09/29/2018 for stays of two or more nights completed between 07/01/2018 and 09/30/18 at participating Park Hyatt hotels and resorts.
- Must request offer code PYS100 at time of booking to qualify for offer, which includes: $100 credit per stay that can be applied against in-hotel restaurants or spa services at participating properties.
- Back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at a single Hyatt hotel are considered one stay.
- No credits may be used towards alcoholic beverages, room service or minibar items.
- A limited number of rooms are allocated to this offer; reservations subject to availability.
- Offer not valid with groups, conventions, other promotional offers, tour packages or special rate programs.
- See promotion page for full terms
This one is kind of restrictive in the sense that it can not be used for room service or alcoholic beverages. If you intend to pay for a meal in the hotel restaurant or get a massage, you might be able to save a few bucks with the code. As noted at the top, I’ve read mixed reports as to whether or not this can be used on an award stay. It would obviously be a great deal if it can be.
Note that there are 33 properties participating, so be sure that the property you have in mind is on the list.
Unfortunately, this one isn’t as good of a deal as it may seems since the code appears to increase the rate you will pay in order to receive the credit. For example, I looked up two nights at the Park Hyatt Mendoza in a couple of weeks. You’ll see the Hyatt member rate is $153 per night, whereas the “Personalize Your Stay” rate is $183 per night.
Over two nights, with tax included, you’ll pay $71.39 more to book the rate that includes a $100 credit. In other words, you’re really getting less than $29 in credit — and that’s assuming that you value the $71.39 at full face value, which wouldn’t make sense since your money could probably go farther at off-property restaurants/spas. In essence, this looks like a bad deal in that scenario. It’s even more glaringly bad at the Park Hyatt Sydney, where the rate including the $100 credit is $360 Aussie dollars more than the member rate — that’s a difference of almost $268 USD per night and that’s before tax). That’s more than $500 extra over two nights…to get a $100 hotel credit that can’t be used on room service or alcoholic beverages.
Gary Leff at View from the Wing recently wrote about how many of these hotel credit offers are more or less a way for road warriors to be able to expense things that their employer may not otherwise permit on an expense report (i.e. a massage) by booking a slightly higher room rate. That more or less seems to be what is going on here.
However, I’m sure that pricing is variable and perhaps there are instances where this would be more of a deal. If you find a good use for this code, let us know in the comments.
We’ve added it to our list of Current Hotel Promotions.
H/T: Live and Let’s Fly
Last updated on October 6th, 2018