Valid through May 3 2014:
The terms and conditions do say “Voucher cannot be combined with any other coupons or promotions,” but I suspect that’s not true. The voucher comes in the form of an e-gift card with a code and PIN, and I’ve successfully combined gift card codes with promo codes at 1800Flowers in the past.
Here is how I tried to maximize this deal:
- I logged into the Ebates cash back portal and clicked through to Amazon Local for 6% cash back.
- I then found and purchased a $30 1800Flowers gift card for $15.
- I then went through the ShopAtHome cash back portal to 1800Flowers for 16% cash back.
- I found flowers for $29.99.
- I have previously enrolled in the 1800Flowers Passport program, so there was no additional charge for shipping and handling.
- I entered the $30 gift card code and PIN.
- I entered the code RR22 to get 1000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points for the purchase (I could have used code A54 for 30X AA miles, but with a $30 purchase that would come to only 900 miles).
- My gift card now has 1 cent remaining. They can have it 🙂
I expect that the Ebates cash back will work and I expect to earn the 1000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points. I’m not sure that the 16% cash back from ShopAtHome will post. However, if all of it does work, the math works out like this:
- Initial out of pocket cost: $15
- EBates rebate: 90 cents
- ShopAtHome rebate: $4.80
- Total cost: $9.30
- Miles earned: 1000
- Miles per dollar: 107.5
- Cost per mile: Less than 1 cent each (.93 cents)
More realistically, if the ShopAtHome rebate doesn’t post:
- Total cost: $14.10
- Miles earned: 1000
- Miles per dollar: 70.9
- Cost per mile: 1.4 cents each
Given that Rapid Rewards points are worth 1.5 cents or more towards Wanna Getaway Fares, this is an amazing deal!
Note that Amazon local only allows 2 of these per person. And, 1800Flowers only allows one voucher per person, so you really need to buy something for exactly $30 to maximize this deal (and you’ll need the Passport service to avoid shipping and handling charges).
Never miss a Quick Deal. Subscribe here.
Last updated on September 29th, 2014