|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Marriott’s Shop My Way portal is currently offering 100 points per dollar for Fandango purchases:
If you value Marriott points at around three quarters of a cent each (see: Hotel rewards that offer the best value), that’s an amazing 75% rebate.
Is it a mistake?
I’m pretty sure this is a mistake… but maybe not. It has happened twice before in recent times. Cash Back Monitor’s Best Rate History chart shows that the same portal offered 100X rewards on August 27 and August 30:
- Since this may be a mistake, make sure to take screenshots of the portal before you click-through. You may need this as proof when you file a claim for the missing points later.
- The portal terms state: “Must successfully complete an online purchase of a movie ticket and display the ticket confirmation page to get reward.” So, if you want to ensure that a missing points claim will be accepted, make sure to buy movie tickets (rather than gift cards, for example).
- Make sure to join Fandango’s free VIP program so as to earn additional rewards.
If, despite the portal’s terms, you’re interested in buying gift cards, note the following:
- You can get 20% off the purchase of gift cards by paying with a Visa Signature card, for up to $100 in gift cards.
- The Frequent Miler Laboratory has two data points regarding Fandango: Reader Ryan reported earning Hilton points when buying a Fandango gift card, but he did not earn points for the portion of a purchase in which he used a Fandango gift card.