|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new Qantas Amex Offer which is offering a statement credit of $200 when spending $1,000+ when booking a flight on the Qantas website or mobile app.
- Spend $1,000+ on airfare with Qantas, get $200 back.
- Expires 9/23/18.
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with Qantas Airways only through US website qantas.com or US mobile app.
- Flights must originate in US and be charged in USD.
- Not valid for purchases by phone, at terminals, lounges, or on-board flights.
- Purchases such as additional baggage and seat selection fees are included if purchased with initial booking and appears on the same receipt as the flight.
- Excludes (i) all purchases with third parties, affiliates, partners, (ii) travel insurance, car rentals, hotels, airport transfers, tours, activities, (iii) gift vouchers, vacation purchases, merchandise, (iv) Bid Now Upgrades, The Qantas Club membership & lounge access fees, and purchase of Qantas Points.
The cheapest round trip flights I could find on Qantas were $928 which were for Los Angeles to Melbourne. That’s not particularly helpful though as that’s $72 short of triggering the Amex Offer.
I did manage to find several flights later this year though that cost just over $1,000. That would mean you’d get the $200 statement credit and therefore save almost 20% on your flights.
For example, there’s Los Angeles to Melbourne in November for $1,028…
…Los Angeles to Brisbane over Christmas for $1,024…
…as well as Los Angeles to Sydney over Christmas for $1,014.
Nonstop round trip flights on Qantas from the US to Australia for less than $830 is a pretty good deal. The obvious downside is that the flights would be in economy, but given that award space to Australia can often be hard to come by, a fairly low cash price could be enticing for some. My wife and I flew round trip in economy to Australia a few years ago and, while it obviously wasn’t as comfortable as our trip back there in business class last year, it really wasn’t that bad.
If you have this Qantas Amex Offer on a personal Platinum card, you’ll also earn 5x Membership Rewards. That’ll earn you at least 4,000 Membership Rewards if booking one of these lower cost flights.
Last updated on September 29th, 2018