Qantas is offering a bonus to members of its Frequent Flyer program when transferring credit card points to your account. The bonus is either 15% or 25% and depends on how many points you transfer. This offer appears to be targeted though, so you might only be eligible if you received an email about it in the last few days.
- Get a bonus when transferring credit card points to Qantas:
- Transfer up to 500,000 points and get a 15% bonus
- Transfer 500,001+ points and get a 25% bonus
- Direct link to offer.
- This offer is available to the recipient of this email only and should not be shared.
- Bonus Qantas Points will only be awarded for transfers of credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points that take place between 12.01am (AEST) 1 September 2019 and 11.59pm (AEST) 30 September 2019.
- Bonus Qantas Points will be rounded up to the nearest whole Qantas Point.
- Please allow up to 15 days after the offer has closed for the bonus Qantas Points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account with the description ‘Card Transfer Bonus’.
- This offer is not applicable to any card products listed at qantas.com/cards or other credit or charge products where the Card Partner automatically transfers your credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points on your behalf on a monthly basis.
- In the event of multiple Bonus Points transfer offers in market for the same offer period, eligible Members will be provided with the highest Bonus Points offer. For example, if a Member was eligible to be awarded 20% Bonus Points on an eligible transfer of points from a partner offer, and the Member was also eligible to receive 10% bonus points on transfer, under a Qantas offer, the higher of the two offers will apply and the Member would receive a 20% Bonus Points on their eligible Points transfer. Members are not eligible for more than one offer on one transfer. In this example the Member would not be eligible for 20% and 10% Bonus Points on the same Points transfer.
As the first term listed above notes, this seems to be a targeted offer aimed at members that received an email about this in the last few days.
More specifically, it seems like Qantas Frequent Flyer members that were targeted are those that have already transferred miles to Qantas, so that could be a way to get yourself targeted for these transfer bonuses in the future. It seems like you might need to have transferred points recently though; I did a Citi ThankYou to Qantas transfer back in 2017 and wasn’t targeted for this bonus, whereas Nick did a transfer more recently and did get targeted. I originally thought that I might not have received a targeted email due to my email subscription settings, but I checked those and so I should’ve received an email if I was eligible.
The vast majority of people aren’t going to be eligible to earn a 25% bonus seeing as you have to transfer 500,001+ points which, considering Qantas isn’t the most rewarding of programs, probably isn’t going to be a wise choice even if you did have enough points in a transferable currency to move over more than half a million points.
It’s also important to note that even if you transferred points today, you might not receive the bonus until October 15, 2019 as that’s 15 days after the promotion ends. If you were transferring for a particular award, who knows if availability will still be there in 5-6 weeks time.
If you were targeted though and Qantas has reasonable redemption options for the award flight you want, you can transfer points to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program from American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou and Capital One.