|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Radisson Rewards has launched a double points promotion for all stays of two or more nights from now until August 31, 2018.
- Earn double Radisson Rewards points on stays of two nights or more now through August 31, 2018.
- Registration required.
- Expires August 31, 2018.
- Eligible Members will receive bonus points based on eligible stays of two or more consecutive eligible nights booked and consumed at Participating Properties during the Promotion Period.
- Points will be awarded and doubled based on the standard Club-level points awarded of 20 points per U.S. dollar spent (not adjusted to Silver/Gold/Platinum tiers), thus earning 40 points per U.S. dollar spent. There is no earning limit.
- Stays or nights paid for by using Points or Points + Cash are not eligible for the Promotion.
- You only need to register once, but you must register before checkout of your Eligible Stay for that stay to count for the Promotion.
- The “Double Points” promotion (“Promotion”) is not offered in connection with a booking made via the “Dream Deals” promotional rate.
This double points promotion has the potential to be pretty rewarding, especially if you have the Radisson Rewards Premier Visa card or Business card and use that card to pay for your stay. That’s because both cards earn 10 points per dollar spent at properties in the Radisson portfolio, plus they come with Gold status.
If you were to book a stay and pay with one of those cards, you’d earn the following per dollar spent:
- 20 base points
- 20 bonus points from the double points promotion
- 5 bonus points for having Gold status
- 10 bonus points from the credit card
- Total = 55 points per dollar
Based on the Reasonable Redemption Value of 0.38 cpp for Radisson Rewards, that equals a return of 20.9%. It’s possible to get far more value than that for your points though – we’ve gotten 0.63 cpp and 0.86 cpp in value on award stays so far this year. Add in 5% portal cashback and this could make a stay at one of Radisson’s brands worth looking at.
For example, let’s say you booked a five night stay costing $110 per night before tax. That means you’d earn 30,250 points when paying with one of the credit cards mentioned above. That’s enough for two free nights at a category 2 property or one free night at a category 3 property.
Category 2 hotels might not be high on your list of places to stay, but we stayed at the category 2 Country Inn & Suites in Saraland, Alabama (near Mobile) a few months ago and it was a decent hotel. There are also almost 300 category 3 properties in the US, so there should be something on that list that’d prove useful if you need a one night stay.
Don’t forget to register for the promotion and bear in mind that double points aren’t earned for stays of only one night.
Last updated on September 2nd, 2018