Update 9/22/20: Radisson Rewards has updated this promotion to add an extra incentive for cardholders to book a stay.
In addition to earning 5,000 bonus points per stay, Radisson Rewards Visa cardholders will also earn 5,000 bonus points when paying for their first stay from September 1 to December 31. That’s a nice little bonus, but if you’ll only be staying with Radisson once by the end of the year, you might still be better off paying with a United Visa card if you’ve added the 25x offer in the MPX app. Note that the United offer is due to expire on September 30, so for stays after that then paying with a Radisson Rewards Visa is a good option.
Radisson Rewards has launched a new promotion which is beautiful in its simplicity – you’ll earn 5,000 bonus points for every stay at a Radisson Rewards property through the end of 2020.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points for every stay at Radisson Rewards properties.
- Earn an additional 5,000 bonus points when paying with a Radisson Rewards Visa card for your first stay from September 1 to December 31, 2020.
- Direct link to registration.
- To be eligible for the Promotion, you must: (i) Be a Radisson Rewards member (“Member”); (ii) Register online for the Promotion prior to checkout of the Eligible Stay (to become an “Eligible Member”) and (iii) Complete Eligible Stays between July 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
- The Promotion is available at all Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels worldwide (collectively, “Participating Properties”).
- Eligible Stays reserved prior to the Promotion Period are eligible for this Promotion, but must be consumed during the Promotion Period to be eligible and must have been booked via an eligible booking source with an eligible rate.
- Eligible Members will earn Bonus Points for each Eligible Stay completed at Participating Properties during the Promotion Period, not to exceed 150,000 total Bonus Points (“Promotion Bonus”). Bonus Points will be credited to the Member’s account throughout the Promotion Period, when the standard points are credited, usually within 5-10 business days after the Eligible Stay has been consumed.
- In addition to the Promotion Bonus earned for Eligible Stays consumed during the Promotion Period, an Eligible Member will earn the standard 20 points issued per U.S. Dollar spent and their Tier Bonus (Silver, additional 2 points per U.S. Dollar spent; Gold, additional 5 points per U.S. Dollar spent; Platinum, additional 15 points per U.S. Dollar spent).
- An “Eligible Night” means a night at a Participating Property that is booked at an Eligible Rate, identified in the Participating Property’s reservation system as eligible to earn Radisson Rewards Points (“Points”). An “Eligible Stay” means one or more consecutive Eligible Nights at the same Participating Property, regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur during that stay.
- The Participating Property has the right to combine consecutive Eligible Nights into one reservation.
- See the Radisson Rewards Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Stays paid for by redeeming Points or Points + Cash are eligible to earn the Promotion bonus.
- Stays booked using an ineligible booking source such as an Online Travel Agent (sometimes referred to as “OTA”) are not eligible.
There’s a lot to like about this promotion, such as the fact that it’s valid through the end of the year, so you know exactly how many bonus points to expect when booking Radisson Rewards stays until December 31, 2020.
Even better, there are no special terms or quirks you need to remember – it’s just a straight 5,000 bonus points per stay on up to 30 stays seeing as there’s a limit of 150,000 bonus points. No earning points from your second stay, no 2x/3x/4x, no limit of only one stay, no limit of only five stays, no random numbers of bonus points depending on how much you spend, no bonus points for your first stay and triple points thereafter.
Radisson Rewards award nights start at 9,000 points per night, but domestically the lowest rate is 15,000 points per night. That means you could earn enough bonus points for a free night after three one night stays which is a reasonable return. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites London, KY last year and the Country Inn & Suites Tucson Airport, AZ earlier this year, with both properties costing 15,000 points per night. Both were decent properties, so the 15,000 point redemption level was great value, especially seeing as we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite at the property in Tucson.
Another great feature of this promotion is that it’s valid not only on paid stays, but also stays paid for using points or points + cash. Earning bonus points on award stays is always a welcome feature when hotel chains decide to offer that. If booking a one night stay at a category 2 property like the ones I mentioned above, you’d be saving 1/3 on the stay seeing as your net cost would be reduced from 15,000 points to 10,000 points.
If you’ll be booking paid stays and have a Chase United card, check the United Visa Rewards section of the MPX app as you should see an offer to earn 25 MileagePlus miles per dollar when booking Radisson stays which are paid for by September 30.
Also be sure to click through from a shopping portal before booking a paid stay to earn cashback/miles/points. There are a bunch of different listings for Radisson on Cashback Monitor, with cashback rates going up to 9% with TopCashback.
Remember to register for this promotion as you won’t earn the bonus points if that’s not done.