|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Rakuten Visa cardholders have been targeted for some decent offers recently. Last month some cardholders earned 4% or 6% at grocery stores, restaurants and on mobile wallet purchases, while a new offer has gone out today offering up to $30 cashback when setting up autopay for your Rakuten card to pay your utility bills.
- Earn a $10 bonus when setting up new autopay registrations for the following utilities:
- In order to qualify for this offer, you must make qualifying utility bill payments (minus any returns or adjustments during the promotional period) with your Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card that post to your Card account by 08/31/2020. Plus, earn $10 Cash Back for each new Automatic Bill Payment you set up during the promotional period.
- Maximum of $30 Cash Back if three new enrollments in Automatic Bill Payments are made at three separate service providers that accept Visa credit cards for payments between 07/01/2020 and 08/31/2020.
- A new enrollment is defined as an Automatic Bill Payment at a service provider using the Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card when a similar transaction with the same service provider has not been made within the 60 days prior to 07/01/2020.
- To qualify, new Automatic Bill Payment Enrollment must: (i) be completed using the valid 16-digit Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card by 07/31/2020, (ii) be identified by the service provider as a recurring payment, and (iii) post to the Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card account by 08/31/2020.
- Account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus is applied.
- Not all service providers participate in the Automatic Bill Payment program.
- Please allow up to 90 days after the promotional period ends for the Cash Back to post to your Rakuten Cash Back account.
- Synchrony does not evaluate whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions, however, they do reserve the right to determine which transactions qualify for this offer.
While not as rewarding as 6%/6x at grocery stores, restaurants or on mobile wallet purchases, $10 cashback on up to three separate new autopay registrations is an easy win.
Note that the terms state that these have to be new autopay transactions, so if you already have any of these utilities set up as autopay on your Rakuten card then they won’t be eligible.
It’s also worth noting that some Chase cardholders have been targeted for bonus rewards when paying utility bills. Depending on how much your utility bills come to, you might be better off paying with a Chase card rather than your Rakuten card.
The 4%/6% offer for grocery stores, restaurants and mobile payments last month was targeted; it’s not clear if this utilities deal is a targeted offer or if it’s available to all cardholders. Update: As per Rep’s comment below, it looks like the $10 x 3 bonus is targeted.