|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Red Roof Inn has come up with an interesting initiative for people who are having a hard time focusing while working at home. They’re offering a ‘Work Under Our Roof’ day rate from $29 plus tax for anyone who needs somewhere quiet to work from 8am-6pm.
This offer could also be good for healthcare workers working a night shift with a participating property near their hospital.
- Book rooms at select Red Roof Inn properties from 8am-6pm Monday-Friday from $29+ plus tax.
- Direct link to offer.
- Offer available for bookings through May 31, 2020.
- Participating properties will offer the Work Under Our Roof day rate in line with local and national government policies and guidelines.
- Third-party bookings are not eligible.
- May not be combined with other discounts or offers.
- Subject to availability.
- A full list of properties offering the Work Under Our Roof day rate can be found here.
- Book direct at participating properties or call 1.800.RED.ROOF.
- RediRewards members and non-members are both eligible for this offer.
- Verified Wi-Fi at participating locations.
- No more than two (2) guests are allowed to check in to any one room when checking in under the day rate offer.
- The day rate cannot be used to host meetings.
- One well-behaved domestic pet – cat or dog – is welcome to tag along as a co-worker for the day free of charge
Credit to Red Roof Inn for thinking outside the box to come up with a novel way to earn some extra revenue considering hotel bookings across the board are significantly reduced right now.
I’ve no idea if $29+ is a reasonable cost compared to how much work sharing spaces used to charge before being abruptly shuttered, but I guess at least Red Roof Inns have a bed you can nap in. There are 229 properties participating in this program, so if you’re having a hard time focusing at home right now or need to be somewhere quiet for conference calls / Zoom meetings, this might be worth investigating.
Red Roof Inns aren’t the most aspirational of properties, but they can still be decent for the price. We’ve stayed at a couple on our road trip – the Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island and Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor – U of Michigan North, both of which are participating in this offer.
Both properties were perfectly fine, with the Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor – U of Michigan North being much nicer than I was expecting for a motel-style property. Our room was clean, comfortable and would be a great work space while also offering an opportunity for a nap. Having worked remotely for the last 11 years, I can’t overstate how nice it is to have the ability and flexibility to have a quick power nap during the day.
An added benefit is that all Red Roof Inn properties are pet-friendly and don’t charge any pet fee. Being able to a pet with you can be helpful as it means you then don’t have the separate cost of a pet-sitter for the day.
There’s another interesting use case here. A number of hotels that are located near hospitals have been offering discounted rates – or free stays – for healthcare workers. While it’s not the intended use for this offer, if you’re a healthcare worker working night shifts who’d normally have a long commute home, it might be preferable to book a stay for $29+ if one of these properties is near your workplace. Getting to stay from 8am-6pm will hopefully get you some much-deserved rest before heading back to the front lines.