There is a new targeted Amex Offer out for Rimowa: Spend $600+, get 10,000 Membership Rewards points. While Rimowa luggage can be very pricey, this is a nice return if you’re considering a purchase.
- A new targeted Amex Offer is for Rimowa: Spend $600+, get 10,000 Membership Rewards points
- Expires 8/31/20
- Valid in-store and online
- Excludes Client Care Centers and Authorized Retailers
- Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US
- Not valid on repair services and/or purchases billed to hotel room at Rimowa locations inside hotels or at the Aspen pop-up store
- See offer terms for full details
Rimowa is certainly among the more expensive luggage brands, so this offer is unlikely to feel like a deal if you didn’t already have a Rimowa bag on your radar. On the flip side, if you are a Rimowa fan, you know that it is difficult to get much of a discount on these bags. I’ve heard of people planning to buy during a European vacation because the VAT savings can be among the best ways to score a discount.
Depending on how much you value Membership Rewards points, this could be an excellent alternative to flying to Europe to buy a suitcase (Though I guess the offer doesn’t say it is limited to US stores – maybe it could be stacked? It’s likely a moot point given the current travel landscape). Our Reasonable Redemption Values peg Membership Rewards points at 1.55c each, making this offer worth about $155 in points. Of course, depending on how you use your points, they certainly may be more or less valuable to you.
I’m not in the market for a new bag, but for those who find themselves in the market for a new high-end bag, it’s certainly worth looking for this offer.
We have added this to our database of current Amex offers.