A new Amex Offer appeared in the last day or two that’s offering a 10% statement credit when paying an insurance bill. While the limit on the statement credit is fairly low, it’s an easy win if you need to make an insurance payment in the next couple of months.
- Get 10% back as a statement credit when paying your insurance bill with a card enrolled in an Amex Offer.
- Expires December 31, 2019.
- Government-backed insurance policies may be excluded.
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Limit of $10 in total statement credits per Card Member.
This might be a targeted offer, but my wife and I each had it on several of our personal cards. There’s also an insurance Amex Offer available on some business cards that’s good for 20% back with a limit of $85 back, so that’s obviously a much better offer if you have that one available. One thing to note with the 20% offer is that it expires on November 5, whereas the 10% offer expires December 31.
If there are two or more of you in your household with the 10% offer on your cards, it should be possible to call your insurance company and have them split the payment so that you can get two or more $10 statement credits. If your insurance bill isn’t due until after December 31, you can also hopefully prepay to lock in the savings.