|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Following on from their addition as a Chase transfer partner, JetBlue has launched an award sale offering a 20% discount on flights booked using TrueBlue points.
- Get 20% off when you use your TrueBlue points to redeem an award flight.
- Direct link to offer.
- Book an award flight by August 29, 2018.
- Fly September 17–November 6, 2018.
- The following are excluded:
- Travel on October 8.
- Travel on Friday and Sunday.
- When you search for an eligible award flight, the fare that you see will automatically include the discount.
- Fares are subject to availability; may not be available on all flights; may change without notice; must be purchased at time of reservation; and are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
The points requirement for JetBlue award flights is linked to the flight’s monetary cost, so a 20% discount can provide a good saving over the normal cost.
Ultimate Rewards can be transferred to JetBlue on a 1:1 basis, as can Membership Rewards temporarily given that they’re currently offering a transfer bonus. If you have either the JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business card, you’ll be rebated a further 10% when redeeming TrueBlue points.
As good as the sale is, some of the terms limit the usefulness of this deal. For starters, flights have to be booked by Wednesday August 29. The 20% discount is only available for economy seating as Mint class is excluded. With travel on Fridays, Sundays and Columbus Day (October 8) also being excluded, a weekend getaway is a non-starter.
If your travel plans can fit around these stipulations though, this 20% discount on JetBlue award flights has the potential to be a great deal, especially if you also own one of the JetBlue credit cards that offer an additional 10% points rebate.